Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Transplants (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Admitted for transplant (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=3369)

JodyW Tue Jan 22, 2013 08:19 PM

Phil,
I am hoping things are OK. Haven't seen a post in a few days so was wondering how the back pain is and if you got it under control. Will be praying for you.

Momhope Mon Jan 28, 2013 03:08 PM

Hello Phil,
how you doing, hope to heard soon from you .hope everything is well.

dpmeeks Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:21 AM

Sorry I haven't posted in forever.... I made it thru the transplant and got out around the 23rd of Jan. I was home two days and got C-Diff in my stomach and was readmitted for about 5 days to treat.
Its now march 13th, ive still been having stomach issues, but, its getting a lil better. Ive been home since early Feb. and ive been doing good and feeling better each day. I pray everyone is doing well !

Neil Cuadra Wed Mar 13, 2013 04:29 PM

Thanks for the update, Phil. Keep feeling better every day!

Is the back pain gone?

Momhope Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:19 PM

happy for you

so, good to know from you, thanks god you are doing better..was littler worry ..why was yhe back pain?

dpmeeks Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:26 AM

They never told me why the back pain,i guess because of the spine puncture.

I'm about day 70 days post transplant,, has anyone had issues with weight loss ? I keep losing weight, I've lost over 40 lbs., and it keeps dropping, I've been dealing with stomach issues which my doctor knows about and its trying to treat. The issues are soft stool and going to the bathroom atleast twice a day. The doc doesn't think its gvhd..

LoveRapheal1 Fri Mar 15, 2013 07:12 PM

I hope your transplant turns out well. I will pray over you. I will also be on the forum if you want to speak. I truly believe you will be ok. Try to read some inspiring stories or messages of hip.

LoveRapheal1 Fri Mar 15, 2013 07:20 PM

DPMeeks

Excuse me my err. I see that you have received the transplant. I read somewhere that a bit of gvhd means that it is working but still I font know. Either thank god you're alive and I wonder if your counts have stabilized. I would ref. ask for an xray of your spine and consult a doctor. Good luck.

Lori Patrick Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:22 PM

70 days post transplant -- YAY! As far as weight, I gained weight. I am still on steroids and have fought to lose 12 of the 40 I gained. :( You sound good and like you are taking it all in stride. As for the gvhd, I developed it after the 100 day mark, making it chronic gvhd. BUT I'm alive and enjoying my family - just require more resting and caution around people. Hang in there!

dpmeeks Thu Apr 25, 2013 04:45 PM

another update :)... im like day 116 post SCT now, got my day 100 BMB results this past Monday and it showed no leukemia cells :) :).

I haven't had any issues so far except thrush I cant seem to get rid of and my stomach is still grumpy. My doc thinks its mainly due to all the meds. It seems as though ever since I had c-diff my stomach has never been the same.

I pray everyone is doing well !!

4bcsboys Thu Apr 25, 2013 05:41 PM

Hope shared

Phil,
Thanks for sharing your milestone. You give me hope:)! Prayer for continued improvements in health.

SLB Fri Apr 26, 2013 01:57 AM

Excellent news Phil. So glad to hear! I am day +50 today.. halfway to the magic +100!! Hope it all continues positively for you! :)

dpmeeks Sat Apr 27, 2013 09:43 AM

4bcsboys and SLB.. thank you for the kind words ! Im sure they will find a match, im African American and they originally told me I had a 20% chance for a match and God provided me with 3 10/10 matches so dont worry ! Put your faith in him..

50+ post transplant is great :) It can be a struggle but take your time and itll be here before you know it. Thankfully the days have gone by without much issues, im trying to figure out my upset stomach issues but other than that ive been blessed. thank you God for watching over me...