Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   MDS (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Blasts in blood (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=3717)

susanML Mon Sep 23, 2013 06:47 AM

Dear Billy and Tina and Pasta -

Hi - Billy and Tina - I said it before and I will say it again - you both are such an inspiration to all of us. This is a very hard disease and you hit it on the head - two people with same disease - totally different responses.

Pasta - I too have felt the same way in the past few months. I have developed the most unbareble pain in my stomach and cant figure what it is. My bones throb that I just cant take it - but I am holding on for my donor - I just feel things will be different -

Hang in there - and Billy what a wonderful thing you have done with the car. I am sure she is very happy she is getting to ride it.

Love to you all. susan

DebS Mon Sep 23, 2013 06:10 PM

Billy & Tina

Billy,

You are the BEST!!! What that car has to mean to Tina right now.

Here's hoping the news from the hospital is good and the stay is short.

God Bless!

Deb

Sally C Mon Sep 23, 2013 06:39 PM

Dear Tina, Billy, Pastalover, Deb, Susan, MagicBob - and anyone else I may have missed,
There just really aren't enough words to express my admiration for all of you - your determination and grit in the face of your pain, your health problems and your fear. The upbeat things you all say and do is an example of bravery and courage that few people have - all the while doing your best to support those who need it on the Forums.
I wish you God's Blessings, Peace and Comfort in the days ahead.
God Bless you all,
Sally

Bambam Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birgitta-A (Post 29004)
Hi Billy,
My doctor has told me that almost all patients with leukemia or similar diseases have blast cells in peripheral blood. If they are more than 1% the disease is getting more aggressive. I think you are right when you suspect that Decitabine has less effect.

Patients that have been treated with Vidaza or Decitabine should look for clinical trials with new drugs if Vidaza/Decitabine not are working.
Kind regards
Birgitta-A

Blasts in my blood rose quickly from 4% to 33%. Anymore than 20% is classified as Leukemia. Now I have MDS and AML. I hope you get some answers soon.

pastalover Tue Sep 24, 2013 02:35 PM

Hi everyone... I am so sorry to vent like I did. I sometimes just can;t hold all this in anymore. My spouse does not let me vent at all. It builds up and my frustration goes threw the roof. I know I need to be thankful... I wish none of us would suffer in any way. Thanks everyone for the kind words. My dear girlfriend died last week/colon cancer. She was such a trooper and as sweet as pie through her whole ordeal. I told my husband this week...I don't want to die a angry (b(witch).. I am not on any treatments & feel like a bomb is waiting to go off. What the heck are they waiting for? Who knows..the doctors sure don't. Thanks again...BE WELL!

billyb Tue Sep 24, 2013 04:42 PM

Pastalover.....you can come on here and vent anytime you want to........At some point and time we all have to let it out......If it helps......vent on....thats one of the reasons were here for you

billyb Tue Sep 24, 2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambam (Post 30480)
Blasts in my blood rose quickly from 4% to 33%. Anymore than 20% is classified as Leukemia. Now I have MDS and AML. I hope you get some answers soon.

BamBam if your a regular person your not supposed to have any blasts in the blood....Going ron 4% to 33% is an indicator that treatment may not be effective anymore, have them do a differential every week for 6 weeks, if your on a 28 day cycle of treatment you can see whats going on, or ask for another BMB or better yet a FISH Test, that will determine the best route for tratment.....Billy

billyb Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:49 PM

We have come to end of the road.....I will be bringing Tina home, and Hospice will come to the house, we had a long hard battle but it was worth it, this past summer was the best ever...Sorry I'm at a loss for words right now, I concider everyone on here as part of our family, and wanted to keep ya'll in the loop....Billy

pastalover Thu Sep 26, 2013 01:02 PM

Billy,
I am so sorry to hear about your news. I wish you the very best.

Neil Cuadra Thu Sep 26, 2013 01:56 PM

Billy and Tina,

You've been courageous from the start, despite odds that were stacked against you. I hope the peace you'll both have at home will sooth the mental and physical pain from the medical battle.

LizR Thu Sep 26, 2013 01:59 PM

Billy & Tina -

I'm so sorry to hear your news. You have both been a part of so much of my time here on the forum with your positive outlook and information. We will certainly keep sending our prayers to your entire family.

Here in my city I see Corvette convertibles often and every time I see one I smile and remember Tina's. Take a ride when you can, enjoy it and know we are thinking of you.

susanML Thu Sep 26, 2013 02:16 PM

Billy and Tina

I am so saddened to hear of the news. You both have been such in inspiration --- I am sending my love and prayers -

rkp Thu Sep 26, 2013 03:47 PM

Billy,
I'm so sorry to hear this news.You have been an inspiration to everyone on this forum and I really appreciate the helpful inputs given by you to eveyone here.
Hugs and prayers ......

Birgitta-A Thu Sep 26, 2013 04:17 PM

MDS

Dear Tina and Billy,
How sad that Tina at last lost her long fight!
Warm regards to you both!
Birgitta-A

Honeybun Thu Sep 26, 2013 04:29 PM

To Billy and Tina

Unbreakable

Will you make me a daisy chain necklace, with flowers freshly picked?
Stolen from a hillside, near a little running brook

One with bright yellow petals, as golden as the sun
A colour that smiles with happiness, laughter and lots of fun.

Will you nurture the little seeds, with attention and with care?
Just a little time each day, is all that’s required for you to spare.

From the foundations the seeds will grow, reaching for the sky.
A base that provides the nutrients to survive as the days go by.

From a little bud, a beautiful flower will take on form.
Waiting to burst into bloom, from the seeds that were carefully sown.

It’s petals kissed by the morning and covered lightly in a shimmery dew
They’re natures little teardrops that help to cleanse and to renew.

Thread each flower carefully, to form each delicate link
These bind this chain together and provides the strength within.

This chain now forms a circle. That represents never ending love.
One that will last forever and blessed by the angels above.

Will you make me a daisy chain necklace, that you promise will never break.
I know when you place it around my neck, I have found my true soul mate.

`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.··»-(¯`v´¯)-» written by Honey »-(¯`v´¯)-»`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·

For Billy and Tina...Unbreakable soulmates

Sally C Thu Sep 26, 2013 04:47 PM

Dear Tina and Billy,
I am also very saddened to hear this news. Tina fought such a courageous fight with Billy fighting just as hard beside her. Rarely do you see such devotion.
I pray for God's Comfort and Peace for you both.
God Bless,
Sally

Lifeguard Thu Sep 26, 2013 04:53 PM

Billy and Tina,
I'm so sorry to hear your news. I do not post often, but I wanted to say that your posts have been inspirational and that Tina's fight for life has been remarkable.
Lifeguard

DebS Thu Sep 26, 2013 07:43 PM

Billy & Tina

You have fought the long, hard fight. I will never forget your posts. You were always one when you said "our counts are down." You were one with Tina and one with the diseases.

All of our thoughts and prayers are with you. May you find comfort and peace in these remaining days.

God Bless you both!

Deb

Chirley Thu Sep 26, 2013 07:52 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this Billy.

I hope you have time to say all those things that have not been said. You need to know that you have done everything in your power to keep Tina happy and comfortable and by doing hospice you are continuing that loving care.

There is nothing better in life than to be with people who love you and you have made this come true for Tina.

All my thoughts are with you both.

Chirley

Whizbang Thu Sep 26, 2013 08:30 PM

I don't think two people could have been happier 'til this terrible disease came. I can't fight any longer... What I want to say is I owe all the happiness of my life to you. You have been entirely patient with me and incredibly good. I want to say that – everybody knows it. If anybody could have saved me it would have been you. Everything has gone from me but the certainty of your goodness. I can't go on spoiling your life any longer. I don't think two people could have been happier than we have been.”
― Virginia Woolf

MagicBob Thu Sep 26, 2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyb (Post 30509)
We have come to end of the road.....I will be bringing Tina home, and Hospice will come to the house, we had a long hard battle but it was worth it, this past summer was the best ever...Sorry I'm at a loss for words right now, I concider everyone on here as part of our family, and wanted to keep ya'll in the loop....Billy

Billyb, you and Tina are awesome, as you both have given so many of us hope to continue our battles with this baffling disease.

Dru and I pray that God comforts you and Tina during very difficult time.

MagicBob

gramous Fri Sep 27, 2013 05:19 AM

Tina, Billy,

I keep you in my thinking. You are both an exemple for me because we are the same age and we are going in the same ordeal. Keep courage. hugs and friendly regards.

Lbrown Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:54 AM

Thinking of you, Tina & Billy.

Deb

Cheryl C Mon Sep 30, 2013 07:33 AM

BillyB - we haven't heard from you for a while, and am wondering if you are going through a tough time at present. I am thinking of and praying for you and Tina.

DebS Mon Sep 30, 2013 09:21 PM

Billy,

I echo Cheryl's comments. Thinking of you and Tina.

Deb