Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   LOW White Count (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=2248)

Greg H Tue Aug 9, 2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheri (Post 19437)
I think a wait and see approach is in order for a while.........input appreciated....maybe tomorrow I will scan in my BMB report so someone can help me decipher it...not at home now...
Thanks everybody!

Cheri,

It does sound like a little caution is in order. Were I in your shoes, I'd certainly be thinking hard about a little watching a waiting. But everyone is different and you have to do what's best for you.

Keep us posted!

Greg

cheri Wed Aug 10, 2011 07:59 AM

Thanks....my gut feelings are kicking in and they have gotten me this far....nobody is going to bully me at this stage of the game!

Some good input here (thanks tytd) and I am giving my brain the day off....but will listen to what my CBC and Dr S has to say tomorrow and then let you all know.....

This is such a wonderful sounding/thinking board that I can't thank you all enough....it really helps me, when truthfully, I am skeptical that the medical profession has MY best interests at heart...they are, and have to, going to treat the masses as a whole, otherwise, no one would benefit........it's just that I tend to follow atypical patterns, and always have! Watching and waiting seems right for me as well....if I miss out on this, then it is meant to be. At least I know I have a healthy heart and lungs!

And as I mentioned, completely overwhelmed, I put in it God's hands-- and it seems he sent me a message, loud and clear! This, from someone, who once questioned her beliefs....NO MORE!!! The power of prayer is unbelievable....I should tell some stories in another forum....

More later!

Sally C Wed Aug 10, 2011 08:20 AM

Hi Cheri,
For what it's worth I think you're on the right track as well. No more so than believing that God has sent you a loud and clear message and that you're putting it all in His Hands - because that's where it is anyway.
Keep the faith and God Bless,
Sally

cheri Sat Aug 13, 2011 09:18 AM

The decision has been made to postpone the TPA clinical trial....Based on the following, I couldn't see adding more to the mix at the moment....but the folks at CINJ were wonderful and said I could try it again if I ever needed or wanted to....

My last CBC was WBC 2; Hg 9.5, Platelets 52!!!!
These are all up from the previous CBC, 3 days before, and the first rise in all 3 numbers in well over a year. This time last year I was just beginning Vidaza! And this is the first time I haven't needed a platelet transfusion in over a month.....Interesting to learn that having a bacterial or viral infection can influence the # of blasts in your bone marrow....which once again, makes the numbers game a bit sketchy....

I'm a little superstitious about writing this....I hope it's a trend and not a fluke! I feel so lucky and thankful and hopeful for anyone who is battling this crazy disease---that you just never know and cannot give up!!!! I'm having a hard time though, shutting off my racing thoughts....

I feel great and my gut tells me to "watch and wait" for a while.....and letting my body react and adjust to being left alone....
I'm feeling very lucky--Not only was I able to attend my nieces Nursing School graduation (which I would have been in the hospital and missed) but since I didn't need a transfusion, went to the racetrack yesterday, and after losing all day, not only won back my losses but won another $80 on the LAST race! Seems a little prophetic, huh?

Thank you for letting me share my happy news and I wish some good news for all of you....

Paula W. Sat Aug 13, 2011 09:38 AM

One word Cheri.......... AWESOME!!!..............

ALL the best! Stay on this path.........

God Speed!

Paula

Birgitta-A Sun Aug 14, 2011 04:59 AM

Higher counts

Wonderful Cheri :)!
Kind regards
Birgitta-A

cathybee1 Sun Aug 14, 2011 05:00 PM

Feeling great is the kind of news we all hope for. Thank you for sharing these last speed bumps and potholes of the journey with us -

Lbrown Mon Aug 15, 2011 03:05 PM

Way to go!

Deb

cheri Mon Aug 15, 2011 04:45 PM

Just to update:

Today's CBC WBC 1.6
Hgb 9.
Platelets 50K! :D
Seems like #'s are holding pretty well, and hoping for some more rising soon....
Every day is an adventure!

mausmish Tue Aug 16, 2011 09:22 PM

Such great news, Cheri. Thanks for sharing with us. Your perseverance and positive attitude are an inspiration.

lindy Wed Aug 17, 2011 06:20 AM

Wow platelets 50k!:D
Congrats cheri!
May your counts continue its upward trend!

cheri Tue Sep 13, 2011 08:21 AM

Here we go again!

It's like deja vu, all over again.....;)

Low grade fever, 99's, low 100's, low counts.....
(Clinical trial didn't happen as updated in another post......)

I believe I've had a bout of diverticulitis.....spastic colon.....ugh.....

Yesterday, my platelets were 19k...not one sign of bruising! Normally I would see little bleeds all over....WBC .05; hgb 8.5
I wonder if when your body is fighting something, it skews all of your blood numbers. Or how about meds? I am on Cipro, Flagyl, Bentyl, Exjade....
Other than feeling tired, and indigestion, I feel ok.

I am seeing the Dr today and will bombard him with my usual 20 questions.......

I don't feel as panicky as I did last time, as I recovered from those #'s. I met a lady whose Hgb gets as low as 5 and she doesn't even feel it.
This machine, the human body, can take quite the stressors.
I'll update you all after my platelet transfusion later today!!!!!