Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   MDS (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   RIP Whizbang (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=4685)

Whizbang Fri Dec 19, 2014 08:51 AM

RIP Whizbang

Hi, everyone. I wanted to inform you that my husband, Dave passed away 12/17 at 4am at Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital. As most of you know he was diagnosed with MDS, had a transplant and was doing well for 8 months. July he relapsed into AML. Was preparing for a second transplant, but the chemo never brought the blasts low enough. He started a clinical trial in October. Unfortunately he came down with pneumonia which progressed to blood clots in his lungs, kidney failure and needed a ventilator. He fought for 12 days in the ICU. But it gives us peace that he is no longer in pain and has earned a high place in heaven. He was the most amazing father and husband and wanted to stay on this earth for me and his 3 daughters. I know this forum gave him a lot of support during his 18 month journey. Good luck to all of you!! Wishing health and happiness for the new year. Donna.

DanL Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:41 AM

Donna,

I am heart broken for you and your family. Dave was a valuable member of the marrow forums and was an inspiration to all of us fighting this disease. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Dan

KMac Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:44 AM

I am so sorry to hear this. Dave's positive attitude and intelligent, thoughtful input were an inspiration to all of us.

Neil Cuadra Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:39 AM

Donna,

My wife and I send our deepest sympathies. Ever since he joined these forums 16 months ago, it's been clear that David was determined not only to share his story but to support every other forum member he talked with. His positive views and kind words were always welcome and appreciated. You've lost a great husband and we feel the loss too.

Birgitta-A Fri Dec 19, 2014 02:01 PM

Dave

Dear Donna!
How sad that Dave lost his fight against his disease. He was so young and we hoped that he should win over his MDS. He is now resting in peace.
Warm regards
Birgitta-A

curlygirl Fri Dec 19, 2014 02:34 PM

I'm very sorry to hear this. It's been a great honor to share the boards with Dave during his journey. Your girls have a very strong and loving father to remember and I know you'll take good care of them. I'm sure this is a very tough time so be sure to give yourself some TLC, too.

bailie Fri Dec 19, 2014 03:59 PM

Really sad. I am sorry. Dave helped me and many others so much with his positive attitude.

johnwc Fri Dec 19, 2014 05:17 PM

So So sorry. I got so much inspiration and good info from Dave. Blessings to you and your family.
John in Portland

Julianna Fri Dec 19, 2014 06:12 PM

I'm so sorry Donna xo

bebop Fri Dec 19, 2014 09:01 PM

Donna I am so sorry for your loss. He was a great support for many here on the forums. Rest in peace dear one!

Lifeguard Fri Dec 19, 2014 09:34 PM

Donna, I'm so sorry for your loss. My family's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Chirley Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:14 PM

I'm sorry to hear this news and for your loss. He fought his disease with grace and good humour. May he rest in peace.

JordanN Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:15 PM

Dear Donna,

I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing! He was such a great support to so many on these forums - he will be dearly missed! My heart breaks for you and your three girls but know that you will be in all our thoughts and prayers, and I know Dave is watching over you from Heaven!

Hopeful Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:55 AM

So sorry to hear this! He was a wonderful spirit on this forum.

sherryjac2 Sat Dec 20, 2014 01:01 AM

Prayers for you...

I visit the forums once in a while to stay connected with the people who have made this journey with me. When I saw RIP Whizbang, I wondered what he was going to say, never thinking that you were posting! He was such a fighter, I was convinced he'd survive this dreaded disease. Unfortunately, those of us who do survive really don't know why we did and why someone else didn't. God bless you and your children at this holiest of seasons. I pray that you have the support of family and friends.

Sue H. Sat Dec 20, 2014 02:52 PM

RIP Whizbang

Dear Donna,
So very sorry to hear about Dave. My heart goes out to you and your daughters. I wish you much strength and comfort at this sad time.

Cheryl C Sat Dec 20, 2014 05:05 PM

Dear Donna - As you know I have messaged privately, but just wanted to add my public condolences to the many which you will receive for your great loss. I will miss Dave's cheerful, positive posts - even in the last few weeks when things were difficult for him he still encouraged others. "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints" (Ps. 116:15).

Barbara K Sat Dec 20, 2014 06:34 PM

Donna, I'd like to offer my sincerest condolences to you, your daughters, and your extended family for such a terrible loss. It was easy to see from Dave's always upbeat and generous posts how amazing he must have been as a husband, father, family member, and friend. Barbara.

Smarti54 Sun Dec 21, 2014 03:30 AM

Loss

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

Bhutt Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:28 AM

I'm so sorry for you loss.I followed Dave's story and kept praying that everything was going to work out. May God be with you to help comfort your sorrow.

Blair

Fana Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:21 AM

I am so sorry for you loss Donna.

Chad S Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:01 AM

Donna,
I am so sorry for your loss. Dave touched all of us in a very positive way.

SLB Sat Dec 27, 2014 04:49 AM

Very sorry for your loss. I agree with Sherryjac.. There is sometimes no rhyme or reason to why, for some the journey ends way too soon. My deepest sympathies for you and your girls.

vickij Fri Jan 2, 2015 05:48 PM

Donna

Hugs & Prayers to you and your family. I am so sorry for your lose. I always looked forward to the posts by Whizbang. he was always so encouraging.

Sally C Fri Jan 2, 2015 06:14 PM

Dear Donna,
I want to express my sympathies as well. Dave's posts were always upbeat, compassionate and caring.
May God comfort you and your family as only He can.
God Bless,
Sally