Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Transplants (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Transplant plus 3 (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=3331)

Cam Sun Dec 9, 2012 02:11 PM

Transplant plus 3

I am 3 days post transplant. My numbers have not quite bottomed out but they say I am doing good. I am a little stir crazy being stuck in the room, as I can not leave until my ANC is above.5.. I am in good spirits and know that this too shall pass and my hope is to be home for Christmas. It just all depends on how long engraftment takes. They keep telling me that I will feel worse but I hope that does not happen...

Neil Cuadra Sun Dec 9, 2012 03:18 PM

Cam,

Any problems eating and drinking? For some patients it gets rough (just ask my wife) and I hope you avoid that.

What are you doing to distract yourself and help the time pass?

Cam Sun Dec 9, 2012 06:05 PM

I have had bouts of nausea, but the meds are keeping it in under control. I also try to eat smaller meals but when I am full I stop. I can stand to lose a few pounds so it is working out.. I also have a drawer of high calorie snacks like a little debbie with 350 calories in three bites. They have this three step mouth wash I have to do four times a day to ward off mouth sores. As far as stir crazy, I have been reading, watching movies, and I am teaching an online course which is coming to a close soon... I do feel I could never do prison, I have an huge hospital room but even I have my moments when I am alone and the walls seem to crawl in.

ssdavi71416 Sun Dec 9, 2012 06:15 PM

Keep up the good spirits. I found a box set of CDs of the riffleman and watch them for a while during ATG treatment. I hope you continue to feel OK. Happy Holidays!

Lori Patrick Wed Dec 12, 2012 08:32 PM

GREAT Cam! Hey I gained weight during my treatments (still have not lost it) by eating milk shakes. Only when I was going home did I know that they were made with high calorie ice cream and boosts and/or ensures! I did not get the mouth sores and hope that you do not either. Keep hanging in there!!

squirrellypoo Thu Dec 13, 2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori Patrick (Post 26377)
GREAT Cam! Hey I gained weight during my treatments (still have not lost it)

No way, me too! I gained weight pre-transplant because the doctors told me "everyone loses a ton of weight" but then I didn't get any nausea so I kept right on eating! It took me a good year to work off the excess...

Hope you're still doing well, Cam. Updating this forum is a great way to stave off boredom, too. :p

kwaidz Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:05 AM

Great news Cam. Glad you are doing well.

mausmish Mon Dec 17, 2012 01:06 PM

Good to hear from you, Cam. It sounds like you're doing great!