Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   MDS (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Joy Henry succumbed to MDS/CMML (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=732)

knstone Thu Aug 21, 2008 07:14 AM

Joy Henry succumbed to MDS/CMML

Dear Friends,
Joy Henry died on Aug 7, 2008. She fought MDS and then CMML for many years. She always appreciated all your information and encouragement.

Her family and friends thank all of you.
Posted by Kirby Stone for Matt Henry

Alison Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:18 AM

Hi There

My heart goes out to Joy's family & friends. I too am in the process of losing my Dad. After 16 months of uphill battle culminating in one cycle of chemo in-patient and the inability to find a donor match in a very weakened state he has been placed in terminal care. His condition is deteriorating by the day and his Oncologist doubts whether he'll make the week. We are shattered.

I wish to thank Neill & Ruth for this amazing site and wish each and every MDS/Leukemia sufferer the chance to live.

Love to you all
Alison

Ruth Cuadra Thu Aug 21, 2008 03:05 PM

To the Henry Family,

We are very sorry to hear about Joy's death and hope that your memories of her in better, healthier times are a comfort to you now. We're glad to know that Marrowforums played a useful role in helping all of you deal with MDS and CMML and the problems that go with it.

Kirby, please pass our sympathies to Joy's family.

Sincerely,
Ruth

Ruth Cuadra Thu Aug 21, 2008 03:20 PM

Alison,

I'm very sorry to hear that your Dad is declining so rapidly. I hope you have the time, as others have talked about, to be with your Dad, hear his stories, and support him.

Keep in touch when you can. And, thanks for your kind words about Marrowforums.

Regards,
Ruth

Alison Mon Aug 25, 2008 01:24 AM

Hi Ruth,

I'm not going to start a new thread but just to let you know that my Dad passed away on Friday, 22/08. We used the last few weeks to say all we needed to say and he went peacefully. Our prayers were answered.

Much health & happiness to you,
Alison

Ruth Cuadra Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:09 PM

Dear Alison,

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your father. What a lucky man he was to have your support.

Sincerely,
Ruth

Zoe's Life Mon Aug 25, 2008 09:51 PM

Alison,

I am saddened to hear of your loss.

Zoe

paulaespada Thu Sep 11, 2008 05:28 AM

Sorry to know

Quote:

Originally Posted by knstone (Post 8301)
Dear Friends,
Joy Henry died on Aug 7, 2008. She fought MDS and then CMML for many years. She always appreciated all your information and encouragement.

Her family and friends thank all of you.
Posted by Kirby Stone for Matt Henry

I'm sorry to hear what happened Joy Henry.
Now my family and prayers are with family members and loved ones.

Tom M Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:04 PM

Joy and Rob will be in my prayers, as will their families.

I hope they heard these words as they made the transition from this life to the next, "Welcome! Welcome, my good and faithful servants. Now, enter into the joy of your Master's house."