Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Low WBC and low Neutrophils but no symmptoms (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=5342)

magsoh19 Sun Apr 3, 2016 11:49 PM

Yay that is so awesome to hear. I am so happy for you, and I hope I get the same results. I honestly think I will since I feel great :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalteseMom (Post 40328)
Magsoh19 -- Good news... I had my appointment and they said that my bone marrow is normal. They want to recheck my bloodwork in 3 months and again in 6 months with follow-up with the doctor. I pray you have the same result!

I think I understand a "little bit" more about all of this but it seems very complicated and fluid. I am grateful that I have been checked out and that my doctor wants to continue to monitor me.

I am checking every day to see if you have gotten your results, too.

This is a very knowledgeable and supportive group.

Terre

magsoh19 Mon Apr 4, 2016 09:16 PM

My results came in and everything came back normal!!! They are sending out for more testing since my numbers have dropped a little more, but I'm not worried anymore!!

MalteseMom Mon Apr 4, 2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magsoh19 (Post 40358)
My results came in and everything came back normal!!! They are sending out for more testing since my numbers have dropped a little more, but I'm not worried anymore!!

Excellent news -- I am so happy for you, too! What additional tests are they running? Just curious!

Terre

magsoh19 Fri Apr 15, 2016 08:16 PM

So my marrow came back normal but my WBC and Neutrophils dropped slightly more. I just went the other day to be tested for every virus under the sun, Lupus, RA, PNH, and then a few others that I had never heard of nor could I find much out about them, and also another flow test. I go back the 22nd for the results of all of those. Which I am sure with come back negative or normal. I will keep everyone updated.

KatailS Sat Apr 16, 2016 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magsoh19 (Post 40444)
So my marrow came back normal but my WBC and Neutrophils dropped slightly more. I just went the other day to be tested for every virus under the sun, Lupus, RA, PNH, and then a few others that I had never heard of nor could I find much out about them, and also another flow test. I go back the 22nd for the results of all of those. Which I am sure with come back negative or normal. I will keep everyone updated.

So glad to hear your marrow is normal and hoping all the other tests come back normal too. Let us know what you find out :)

magsoh19 Fri Apr 22, 2016 04:51 PM

I went in today for more test results. I cam back negative or normal for everything she ran including lupus, HIV, Hep, PNH, but I did actually have numbers for Mono or Epstein Barr virus. I have no idea how to interpret these numbers. Does anyone else know? I mean couldn't I have had this for years and I don't see how it is affecting my WBC for this long.
EBV ab VCA igg(lc) 188
EBV ab VCA igm(lc) <36
EBV Earky anitgen ab igg <9.0
EBV nuclear antigen ab, I 154.0

Wanderer Fri Apr 22, 2016 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magsoh19 (Post 40494)
I went in today for more test results. I cam back negative or normal for everything she ran including lupus, HIV, Hep, PNH, but I did actually have numbers for Mono or Epstein Barr virus. I have no idea how to interpret these numbers. Does anyone else know? I mean couldn't I have had this for years and I don't see how it is affecting my WBC for this long.

I believe most (maybe even 90%) of US folk have antibodies for the EB virus, so it doesn't really mean much either way --- it just means that you were infected with the virus at some time (possibly without any symptoms), and your immune system generated antibodies to it.