Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   MDS (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Induction chemo - how long until your bone marrow regenerates? (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=3364)

SLB Tue Dec 25, 2012 04:08 AM

Induction chemo - how long until your bone marrow regenerates?

Merry Christmas everyone! I am currently day 27 of my induction chemo and all hope of being out of hospital for Christmas is not even close! Currently, I have no neutrophils and still requiring blood & platelets on average every second day. I have had numerous and consistent fevers, had reactions to 4 different antibiotics but finally on two antibiotics and an iv anti fungal that seems to have bought down the fevers. A biopsy last Thursday showed my bone marrow is empty. So anyone out there that has gone through induction chemo, how long before your neutrophils started to show up? And then how long until they have reached 1.0? Feeling a tad disheartened! However at least doctors let me go for a few hours to at least see the kids open their presents. So wonderful to be out in fresh air again! Thanks for listening! Hope everyone can find abit of magic this Christmas! Sharnie.

rkp Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:08 AM

Hi Sharnie,
I don't have any advice or answers to your questions.
I just read your post and wanted to send good wishes to you.
Praying and hoping that things get better for you and for all of us in this forum in the new year.

-rkp

Dick S Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:05 AM

When are they doing your SCT?

SLB Sun Dec 30, 2012 06:12 PM

Not sure when SCT will be scheduled. Had been told that if this round of induction chemo put me in remission, I would need two more rounds of consolidation chemo before SCT. They are currently working up the 8 out of 10 match because nothing better has come along. Dr now talking about skipping consolidation chemo & going to transplant when they can. Have been on gcsf injections for a few days & my neutrophils were 0.07 today. However need platelets again. Sharnie.

DanL Mon Dec 31, 2012 01:15 PM

Sharnie,

Just wishing you some good thoughts as we head into the new year. Have a speedy recovery and get strong for the transplant!

Cam Tue Jan 1, 2013 02:45 PM

Dear Sharnie,
I wish you the best of luck. I had my tansplant on 12/6/12. It took 12 days to get engraftment for me. I was out of the hospital on day 16 post transplant. Once my numbers increased they started to soar. My ANC is currently 3.4. That being said I was very lucky mine was an Auto transpant and had a 10 for 10 match with the same blood type. Keep the faith it will work.

Cam

SLB Tue Jan 1, 2013 06:51 PM

Thanks guys..baby steps at the moment! Neutrophils are slowly raising and dr has been letting me out on day release. Just need to stay fever free & might get out of here. I can only wish my transplant goes as smoothly as yours Cam, good for you! Just a question of when & how many more rounds of chemo I will have to go through to get there. Happy new year everyone!