Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Alternative Treatments (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Banerji Protocol (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=3325)

vikasgoyal Tue Dec 4, 2012 01:55 PM

Banerji Protocol

has anyone heard about banerji protocol which is a homeopathy treatment?

Neil Cuadra Tue Dec 4, 2012 04:42 PM

It has its proponents, but studies are rare, especially outside India.

A few years ago the National Cancer Institute apparently found it "worthy of observational study".

Marlene Wed Dec 5, 2012 07:58 AM

Interesting post. Thanks for finding the NIH link Neil.

We do use homeopathy for "first aid" treatment at home. Have had varied success with it. It's a very complicated system. I recall there was an AA patient who was successful using homeopathy to treat AA. I don't know what protocol was used.

vikasgoyal Thu Dec 6, 2012 12:31 PM

Thanks guys for your response. My father has started this treatment. Will keep you posted on the progress

Marlene Thu Dec 6, 2012 04:27 PM

I hope he get a good response to it. I spent sometime on their website...very interesting. I noticed the cancer protocol is not utilizing the "classical" homeopathy approach. But in some cases, they combine the two.

Will he be the first to try this for MDS?

Good luck and do keep us posted.

vikasgoyal Fri Dec 7, 2012 11:48 AM

Well the doctor said that he has already treated some MDS patients before. So we are keeping our fingers crossed. I know he cannot guarantee anything but the best thing he said is that he can atleast improve the immunity.

Marlene Mon Dec 10, 2012 07:55 AM

That's good. Are the remedies the same ones they used for the brain cancer or is he getting something different?

vikasgoyal Tue Dec 11, 2012 03:12 PM

Marlene, i dont think the medicines are any different but i will have to get it confirmed

Mseth Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:53 PM

Dear Vikas,

Did your father have any improvement with the Banerji protocol treatment? My mother's case is similar to your father's, as per the information on your signature line. Pls share your experience on this treatment and if it is worth a try.

Many thanks.

vikasgoyal Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:21 PM

He tried banerji protocol for about 6months with no visible improvements. It has been very discouraging for us. There were no side effects either.

Mseth Mon Sep 16, 2013 01:19 PM

Dear Vikas,

I am sorry to hear that this did not work for your father. Everytime we read about a new possible line of treatment our hopes rise. I am gradually arriving at the conclusion that a supportive line of treatment with transfusion may be the best way forward. Alongwith a healthy diet to keep the body in top shape to handle this ailment.

All the best to your father.

vikasgoyal Thu Sep 19, 2013 07:17 PM

Hi Mseth,

Whats her hgb level?

Thanks

Mseth Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:48 PM

Hi Vikas,

She gets 2 units when her Hb falls below 7, it normally lasts 3-4 weeks and she is back to around 7 in this time. In the initial days, when we were all in denial that she could have MDS, we waited too long for transfusion and the Hb went down to 6.4.
Still I am not sure that 6.4 is the base Hb, it could be lower.