Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   General Health Issues (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   joint problems, (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=637)

Eileen Tue Jun 24, 2008 06:29 PM

joint problems,

Are any joint problems,,related to MDS,vidaza.procret?I have been in braces on both thumbs for 3 mons,7 wks therapy,ostopedic Dr ,cordisone shot in thumb joint, ,ouch!!!!! ,have severe tendinitis,& severe arthritis, in both thumbs.never had a problem before.started gradually about the time I started treatment.Anyone with the same?Very confused.:confused:

Neil Cuadra Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:19 AM

I don't have specific information to share about joint pain, but if you search these forums for the word "joint" you'll find a number of comments about joint pain.

One thread mentions joint pain in conjunction with neupogen shots.

Eileen Tue Jul 8, 2008 10:00 AM

joint problems

Thank you Neil,,
My osteopedic Dr say`s its arthritis , Saw e x rays, it is.Im in braces & trying to avoid surgery.
I`ve had bone pain with neupogen but this is different.Also e mailed the co. that makes vidaza .they called next day ,said nothing in any trials but will call my uncologist & keep info in files.Guess just part of the fun of getting older.I just thought i it strange that it started right after treatment. began.
Eileen

Neil Cuadra Tue Jul 8, 2008 08:10 PM

When any patient experiences new symptoms at the same time they've made changes to their treatments, or any other changes in habits, it's hard to tell for certain whether it's cause and effect or just a coincidence.

In an odd way, it's a luxury to have the normal signs of aging when MDS is threatening us with shorter lives. But that doesn't mean we have to be glad about any of these symptoms.

Chirley Thu Aug 20, 2009 06:35 AM

sore red small joints

Hi, I just found this thread. I am suffering from sore swollen red finger and thumb joints at the moment. I asked my doctor about them (not my haematologist) and he said that it was a reaction to the blood transfusions which I'm now having fortnightly. He said that it was an immune reaction causing the deposition of a protein in my joints. No treatment was offered and no long term outcome was discussed.

I'm not able to work with my fingers like this as my job requires very fine and precise motor skills.

Has anyone else had this reaction? If so, have you got any suggestions on how to improve the function of my hands.

Thanks

Chirley

GCS Thu Jun 3, 2010 10:25 AM

Joint Pain

I to have had hand, thumb,foot and mostly all joints painful. Keep asking my doctor but he does't give me an answer. My thumbs are also in a brace along with my right knee. Mine also started when my vidasia started, don't think doctors know why. Still looking for an answer.

mausmish Thu Jun 9, 2011 10:15 AM

My finger joints always get a little sore during my Vidaza treatment weeks. I believe joint and muscle pains are known side effects. I don't know about arthritis specifically.