Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Tell Your Story (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Waiting for BMT (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=5112)

kmartino07 Sat Sep 12, 2015 07:17 PM

Waiting for BMT

My name is Kamara, I was diagnosed with AA back in July. After a series of test. Termination of pregnancy. Moving from Cleveland, OH to a small town in PA to be closer to family for support. I am finally ready for my transplant. My brother is 6/6 match. We meet with the team on thursday. I started a blog today on how my journey began. If interested. kamara-livingwithaa.blogspot.com I will keep up the blog if i see that i am getting a response. As of right now I am not currently on any medication. My last Dr visit. My platelets were 28 and my RBC was 9. something. Not too bad since i had a transfusion of RBC's the week before. No transfusion of platelets yet. Im just waiting for Thursday to see when i start my treatment.

Only symptoms i have at the moment is EXTREME FATIGUE. sometimes SOB but not currently.

I look forward to sharing my story and reading others. Im so nervous and afraid of BMT.:(

bailie Sat Sep 12, 2015 08:01 PM

Kamara, welcome to the forum. It is understandable to be nervous about the transplant. It is important to be around family if possible. Having a good caregiver is very helpful and mentally reassuring. There are some on this forum who will be going through the transplant about when you are. There are many including myself who have gone through the process. Be sure to ask any question that comes to mind. There is much support here and a great amount of information in the archives.
We wish you the very best.

traceyn11 Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:03 AM

Hi Kamara - Welcome to the forums! That is wonderful that your brother is a 6/6 match! It's good that you can move closer to family for support too. I am waiting for a stem cell transplant, not sure of the date now though. I am also nervous and afraid, but I have found this forum very helpful. There is lots of information and the members are very supportive!

kmartino07 Tue Sep 29, 2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bailie (Post 39025)
Kamara, welcome to the forum. It is understandable to be nervous about the transplant. It is important to be around family if possible. Having a good caregiver is very helpful and mentally reassuring. There are some on this forum who will be going through the transplant about when you are. There are many including myself who have gone through the process. Be sure to ask any question that comes to mind. There is much support here and a great amount of information in the archives.
We wish you the very best.

Hi Bailie Thanks for the reply. I'm still waiting for transplant. (they say maybe end of october) still on no medication. And i haven't needed a transfusion since my last on 9/4/2015 my numbers are actually holding and not dropping like they were before(while pregnant) So now i'm not sure if i should go with BMT or look into some other treatment, maybe to kickstart my own blood production (is there such a thing? IDK but i get another CBC done on thrsday and an appt on the 15th with my hemotologist where i plan to discuss this. I was told by the nurse that they think transplant is best but i'm confused as to why that would be since my case doesnt seem as severe anymore. I'm just in a confused state these days. Alot to think about.

kmartino07 Tue Sep 29, 2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceyn11 (Post 39032)
Hi Kamara - Welcome to the forums! That is wonderful that your brother is a 6/6 match! It's good that you can move closer to family for support too. I am waiting for a stem cell transplant, not sure of the date now though. I am also nervous and afraid, but I have found this forum very helpful. There is lots of information and the members are very supportive!

OH NO!! a fungal infection!?! I am sending u well wishes and praying for your strength. Do you have a date yet? I'm still waiting for a date myself. My doctor said maybe the end of October.

traceyn11 Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmartino07 (Post 39194)
OH NO!! a fungal infection!?! I am sending u well wishes and praying for your strength. Do you have a date yet? I'm still waiting for a date myself. My doctor said maybe the end of October.

No, still waiting! I have a CT Scan tomorrow to see if the infection is gone. Thanks for the well wishes and prayers. Sending same to you.