Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Transplants (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Any Haploid Transplant Survivors Out There? (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=4889)

Deb K Mon Apr 13, 2015 05:18 PM

Any Haploid Transplant Survivors Out There?

I have high risk treatment related MDS and cannot find a 100% matched donor. My only sibling is a half match. Is there anyone out there who had a haploid match transplant who is willing to share their experiences?

Marlene Tue Apr 14, 2015 08:26 AM

Deb,

I don't know of anyone personally but I would suggest asking your transplant doctor if they could give a couple of names/contacts of their patients who have gone through a Haplo that would be willing to speak with you about their experience.

They've made some good progress on haplo's in the past few years. Johns Hopkins has experience with them. Being at a hospital who has been doing them successfully is something to really consider.

Neil Cuadra Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:09 PM

Deb,

I suggest contacting nbmtLINK. They may be able to connect you with haplo transplant patients.

Relentless Against SAA Wed Apr 15, 2015 09:26 PM

Haplo/Cord

I have been told that NIH is doing Haplo/Cord BMT with very good results. This program is under the direction of Dr. Rick Childs. I hope I understand the theory correctly: The Haplo stem cells get you thru until the cord cells can get enough strength to take over. The cord cells are so naive (for lack of better word) that there is less GVDH. If nothing else, it is worth a call to NIH. If you do end up going to NIH, they will assist you with travel cost, and finding a place to stay if you enter a protocol. The care at NIH is always free. My son was treated by Dr Neil Young at NIH. We will Forever be grateful for his knowledge and ability to cut right to the heart of the problem and give clear advice. NIH is truly a blessing! I have heard wonderful things about Dr Childs and his staff.

sstewart09 Mon Apr 20, 2015 09:08 PM

Facebook

There are a few haplo patients on some of the AA Facebook groups. Help Aneesa and Match Nolan are 2 that I know from the top of my head.

triumphe64 Mon Apr 20, 2015 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sstewart09 (Post 37777)
There are a few haplo patients on some of the AA Facebook groups. Help Aneesa and Match Nolan are 2 that I know from the top of my head.

There is also a guy on FB named Paul Witzgall. I'm sure he will let you know. Quite a story, he has.

Amyleighd Fri Jan 29, 2016 04:24 PM

My dad just had a haplo transplant on 1/13/16. Today is day +16 and still no engraftment :( Does anyone have any experience with this?

triumphe64 Mon Feb 1, 2016 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amyleighd (Post 39990)
My dad just had a haplo transplant on 1/13/16. Today is day +16 and still no engraftment :( Does anyone have any experience with this?

See my post above.

Amyleighd Mon Feb 1, 2016 10:00 AM

Thank you Triumphe64 :)