Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Transplants (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   1 year post transplant and 1 year old! (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=6368)

Rarity Wed May 29, 2019 06:56 PM

1 year post transplant and 1 year old!

Wanted to post an update:
It's been almost 2 years since my husbands MDS diagnosis and 1 year post transplant and is 1 year old!:) Grateful every day! So grateful for the donor for giving him a longer shot at life and letting us continue to share our lives together. Praying that this trend will continue for him.

As those who have gone through transplant, you all know what the journey is all about even though everyone has different experiences. We are finally beginning to breathe easier although still cautious.

I am so very proud of him and what he went through. His bravery and a real trooper. He did very well post transplant. No GVHD, no infection, just some minor issues that were rectified with changing med dosages. And his hair hasn't grown back. But he is ok with that! I said to him, it's trendy and I am used to it. People he hasn't seen in a while do not recognize him. A small price compared to the alternative. He is back to work, although it was tough in the beginning and now he said it's like he never left. He's gotten vaccinations and is now getting the boosters.

I wish everyone going to transplant a successful one. Don't give up hope you can do it!

Rarity

shadowii Wed May 29, 2019 07:23 PM

im glad to here this

DanL Wed May 29, 2019 07:43 PM

Wow. that is an amazing and inspirational recovery. Best of health moving forward for your husband.

Rarity Fri May 31, 2019 06:45 AM

Thank you Shadowii! Well wishes to you!

Dan - A big thank you to you for all your helpful answers when we started this journey. It is very much appreciated! Wish you well and hope you are getting through your recent bump.

Rarity

Meri T. Fri May 31, 2019 05:32 PM

Rarity,

Such wonderful news ! No GVHD and vaccinations already ! And back to work ! I am proud of him :):) And proud of you too !!!

Take care and God bless.
Do remember to update us.

Meri

Rarity Sat Jun 1, 2019 07:15 PM

Thank you so much for your kind words Meri:) Proud of you too!

God Bless you as well!
Rarity

Cheryl C Mon Jun 3, 2019 09:52 PM

Wonderful news, Rarity. Congratulations to you both!

quantpsyc Tue Nov 5, 2019 09:43 PM

Great news Rarity. Ed is almost 6 months out and struggling with unexpained thrombocytopenia but still thankful for each day! He is my hero!
Keep up the good fight! Kathleen

Rarity Fri Nov 8, 2019 01:17 PM

Hello Quantpsyc,

Yes, they are all hero's who have to endure this journey! Never give up hope! I hope your husband continues to move forward even through the bumps along the way.

My husband continues to do quite well! He is 18 months post transplant. He truly is a fighter and I am so very proud of him for that! I sometimes almost feel guilty for his almost non eventful recovery that I don't post. I do check in to see how everyone is doing. Take care!

Rarity