Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Transplants (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Four years since transplant! (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=4732)

Lori Patrick Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 AM

Four years since transplant!

i am 4 years post transplant. I continue to deal with gvhd of skin and eyes. I have steroid induced high eye pressure and dry eye. May have to have eye surgery to reduce pressure. I continue to tire and require short naps. Life is good nonetheless! Ahhhh 4 years!:)

DanL Wed Jan 14, 2015 04:43 PM

Lori,

Congratulations on the 4 year anniversary!

mausmish Wed Jan 14, 2015 05:31 PM

Hurray and happy rebirthday!!!

GoodDay5150 Wed Jan 14, 2015 06:58 PM

Congrats on 4 yrs!!! I just had my 3 yr for PNH. I had a good match and have had fairly mild GVHD. I am not taking any steroids anymore, but I am taking a med usually pres for leukemia and a few other things. I hope that you continue to do well.

Bhutt Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:07 AM

Congrats on your 4th birthday

Blair

Cheryl C Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:01 PM

Great news, Lori! We need all the positive stories we can get on this forum. Happy birthday from me too.

SLB Fri Jan 16, 2015 06:48 AM

Congratulations and happy 4th re-birthday! I remember reading your story over the years and being inspired by your strength. Keep on fighting!! :)

TonyBegg Mon Apr 6, 2015 07:05 PM

Karin early on your path

Hi Lori. It seems Karin (friend and mother of my kids) who is 52 is on a similar path. She recently had induction chemo at UNM Hospital for Acute Myeloid Leukemia that developed from MDS just when we thought we were going for a unrelated donor BMT at Methodist Hospital in San Antonio TX. 28 days from start of chemo is April 13th when a marrow biopsy is scheduled. Karin has had PNH for 26 years, severe AA since July 2013, low grade MDS for a while. Currently she is discouraged because neutrophils are not recovering and the hematologists are talking about needing 1000 neuts for a sensible marrow biopsy (to indicate < 5% blasts i.e. AML in remission). Karin concerned that BMT slipping further and further into future. Cannot see how a severe AA patient can muster 1000 neuts. Did you get your BMT (or SCT) even though you could not show AML in remission? Thanks and congrats on 4 years post BMT.

Mary4Mike Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:12 PM

Congratulations, Lori! I just came on the forum, the first time in a long time. It is funny how after remission and the restoration of health, you kinds of back away from constant reminders of illness.

I hope that your GVHD has subsided, especially your eye issues. I also hope that you are still out there on your motorcycle!!! WOOHOO!!

PTL

italianburrito Thu Apr 30, 2015 08:42 AM

Congrats on your re-birthday!!!!!!!!

micro Wed Nov 18, 2015 08:59 PM

Congratulations on your 4th birthday! I have enjoyed reading about your positive journey. I just joined the forum and would love to know of any supplements that you have found helpful. My father was newly diagnosed with MDS. Thank you

traceyn11 Mon Nov 23, 2015 08:47 PM

Congrats Lori!