Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   News and Events (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anyone going to Chicago AA&MDS conference? (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=3214)

cdseibold Fri Oct 12, 2012 08:24 PM

Anyone going to Chicago AA&MDS conference?

Anyone going to the Oct 20th conference in Chicago? Got my reservations.
Looking forward to learning more about AA and MDS.

kris Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:53 AM

This is a very good support opportunity. Rick and I attended the one in Atlanta. it give you hope. Go and get all the information you can.

adjbrown68 Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:19 PM

This is my first post to the group. I have been so overwhelmed with everything surrounding my diagnosis, that I've just been a lurker. My husband and I are attending the conference. We'll be leaving in a few hours. Maybe we'll run in to you there. Best, Angela (44, Diagnosed with MDS in October 2010

cdseibold Sun Oct 28, 2012 04:16 PM

Conference Wow

The conference was outstanding. I would recommend it to everyone. I learned so much. I met so many great people. On my return home I felt so much better about myself and my MDS challenge.

In summary, if you can make it to a conference, you should go.

cdseibold Sun Oct 28, 2012 04:18 PM

Conference Contacts

Meeting others was probably the best part of the conference.

Kabir A Fri Nov 16, 2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdseibold (Post 25819)
The conference was outstanding. I would recommend it to everyone. I learned so much. I met so many great people. On my return home I felt so much better about myself and my MDS challenge.

In summary, if you can make it to a conference, you should go.

I am disappointed I missed this conference, as I have been hearing really good things about it. I just was not able to get it together enough to book Chicago Hotels at such late notice. It sounds like a really positive experience. Are there any other good conferences that I can attend? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Neil Cuadra Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabir A (Post 26090)
I am disappointed I missed this conference, as I have been hearing really good things about it. It sounds like a really positive experience. Are there any other good conferences that I can attend? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The AA&MDSIF and the MDS Foundation have both announced the cities but not the dates for their 2013 patient and family conferences.

The AA&MDSIF conferences will be in Phoenix, Cleveland, Houston, Boston, Tampa, and San Francisco. Here is the list.

The MDS Foundation conferences in the U.S. will be in Gainesville, Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Buffalo, Ann Arbor, Portland, San Diego, Indianapolis, and Long Island New York. Here is the list, which also includes a conference in Berlin on May 11, 2013.