Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   MDS (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   BMT end of aug beg Sept (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=2980)

Anne Yeomans Wed Jul 4, 2012 12:18 PM

BMT end of aug beg Sept

:)Hey Everyone:
Got a call from Moffitt on monday, they have tentively scheduled BMT, for the end of Aug. beginning of Sept. They found a 9 point match. It's a really good thing. tThey took me off of the revlimid, making me to sick and not any benefit to my hmg. At transfusions every 7-11days. Back on 7dy Vidaza cycle. Hope I can get some weight back on. Looks like things are beginning to role. Will know date once they contact donor, hopefully end of this week beginning of next week. thank for all the prayers.
Hope everyone is doing fine.

Anneg
God Bless

Neil Cuadra Wed Jul 4, 2012 06:44 PM

Congratulations, Anne.

How long did they search before finding you a donor?

Al's Wife Wed Jul 4, 2012 07:54 PM

God bless you, Anne, and good luck.

Anne Yeomans Thu Jul 5, 2012 10:48 AM

aug/sept

Hey Neil:

Not very long about 10wks. I was so surprised, thought with the native american, they would have a hard time. Here we go. thanks for all the support.

Anneg
God Bless

Anne Yeomans Thu Jul 5, 2012 10:49 AM

aug/sept

Hey Linda,

Thanks, Hope all is well.

Anneg
God Bless

squirrellypoo Thu Jul 5, 2012 11:54 AM

Hi Anne.

That's great news! Try not to get too excited about a date when you get one - I pinned all my hopes on one date, only to have it delayed by a month at the last second (literally the day before), and I wish someone had told me that this is normal and it happens fairly regularly! Every day feels like an eternity when you're struggling to hold it together and wait for your life to change, just know that it might not be the first date you hear.

good luck! melissa

Lori Patrick Wed Jul 11, 2012 08:08 PM

Anne, Ditto to what squirrlypoo said. But, it is a very good thing that they found a donor! Prayers to you.

ConfusedSpouseInFlorida Sun Aug 5, 2012 11:17 PM

Hi, Anne -

Look for me at the "guest" areas at the Moffitt BMT wing: my name is Laura. My husband is scheduled for a SCT on August 31 (admitting at Moffitt on August 26 to start chemo prior to the SCT).

Laura

milliken2 Wed Aug 8, 2012 08:11 AM

Hope All Goes Well

Anne;
I hope all goes well for your BMT. My thoughts and prayers will be with you for sure. Keep us infomed about any new aspects. Take Care.

((((HUGS))))
Beth

ramey2148 Fri Aug 17, 2012 08:08 AM

Good luck

Ann,
Good luck with transplant and just stay positive. My name is Bob and had a 9-10 match donation 08-31-10 at 32 yrs. old. Just a little advice is to make sure u walk or do some sort of little exercise and keep your mouth clean and stay positive and you will be fine. I am Irish, Italian, german and my donor is from Isreal. Imagine that? He just reached out to make contact with me which is pretty exciting.
Good luck,
Bob

rkp Fri Aug 17, 2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramey2148 (Post 24658)
I am Irish, Italian, german and my donor is from Isreal. Imagine that? He just reached out to make contact with me which is pretty exciting.
Good luck,
Bob

That is simply amazing.

Anne, good luck with the BMT.Hope everything goes well.
Take care,
-RP

donna j. Fri Aug 17, 2012 07:17 PM

Hi Anne,

Transplant ideas.

Even though I a plethora of electronic devices, smart phone, IPod, and laptop, kindle, it was the digitial picture frame which ran photos of my family twenty four-seven which I really relied on when I woke at night, or felt tired or nauseus during the day. I could just lie there and see pictures of my grandkids at different ages and stages. And the nurses love to watch and connect who you are outside of the hospital. If you have one or ask someone to put together a compliation, friends, family whatever.

I also only watched comedies on TV.

"Psych" being one of my favorites.

Also ask about all the services available while there: bike, massage, physical therapy, social worker, ministry. Take advantage while recouperating. They don't always tell you these services are available and they certainly help.

The 3 line cathata(spell) into my jugular vein below my neck was wonderful as had been reported. The nurses come in at all hours and change infusions, and best of all the 5am daily draw of blood samples can happen while you are still asleep.

Best
Donna

mausmish Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:37 PM

Congratulations on finding a donor and best wishes on your transplant, Anne! I am 20 months post bmt and thriving :-)

pankajg Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:00 PM

Congrats Anne for finding the match.
I am new user, belong to india. My brother in law is suffering from MDS and we are planning the treatment in Pittsburg, USA.

Can u please give some idea of cost of the BMT and also the helpline number from which we can get the information regarding the treatment....Please help me in this ...