Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Transplants (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   transplant day-1 (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=5831)

akmegehee Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:09 AM

transplant day-1

i have been lurking here for months,working my way through treatment, Went through 5 cycles of Vidaza. I have RCMD was transfusion dependent for awhile. Now I am in remission working through my pre-regiment drugs and go in for the transplant in the morning. I am part of a BU/CY clinical trial through John Hopkins and have a 10/10 MUD match. The CYtoxan I received the last two days has hit me hard, but ready to go for tomorrow.

GoodDay5150 Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:31 AM

Hi akmegehee. I was transplanted for PNH almost 6 yrs ago. I also had a 10/10 MUD. My whole in hospital experience was not too bad, but my treatment process was prob. much less severe than most people experience from what I know. In respect to myself, I was actually looking forward to my transplant bcse I was so completely wiped out by that point. I had some ups and downs and I still have some lingering GVHD, but overall I am doing well. As long as you stay positive and trust in your medical staff, you should do well. There are many of us here who are glad to help!!

Mario

Rarity Wed Sep 27, 2017 04:27 PM

Hello akmegehee,

Wishing you all the best at transplant :) My husband also has MDS RCMD and transfusion dependent. Just at the beginning of his journey.

All the best for you,
Rarity

akmegehee Wed Sep 27, 2017 07:19 PM

transplant day-1

Thanks for the encouragement. Rarirty I was only diagnosed in March and by April I was transfusion dependent. I am high -risk with chromosome issues. I went through 5 cycles of Vidaza and have been cancer-free and chromosome issue free through two different BMB,s ,I have lead a normal life since June but the Doctors always say it is still there. A lot I don't understand like my WBC count is 5.0 after 7 days of chemo. Wouldn't that be an issue?

DanL Thu Sep 28, 2017 01:00 AM

akmegehee,

my conditioning treatment was BU/CY as well. It did take a while for the WBC to crash completely - I think that I hit the nadir at day +7 - +10. They seem to hang in there for a while and then just come crashing down.

I was also treated with ATG after the infusion of stem cells, and that is the part that hit me the hardest.

I would not worry just yet about the higher WBC - but as always, make sure to talk to your doctors about what they think to help put your mind at ease.

Good luck over the next several weeks. Stay strong, eat well, rest well.

Dan

Cheryl C Fri Sep 29, 2017 02:46 AM

All the best for your transplant Akmeghee. I'll be watching for your posts.

akmegehee Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:48 AM

transplant day 21

Wow, I am at day 21, no big issues. I struggled with nausea early-on and a ruthless case of mucusitis, mouth and throat sores. I am so grateful the mouth issues are amost completely gone and I fully engrafted a few days ago. My Abs Neut are at .77 and WBC at 1.0. I am struggling at at the moment with low platelets and nose and mouth bleeding from that, but feel certain that will go a I get some platelet production I feel like I am just now heading into the recovery stage with treatment for side effects....

Rarity Fri Oct 20, 2017 04:34 PM

Hello akmegehee :)

Very happy for you! Seems like you moving right along in the right direction. Keep it up.

Rarity