Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Clinical Trials (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Lenalidomide Clinical Trial (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=5417)

Cheryl C Wed Jun 15, 2016 01:20 AM

Data - I appreciate your honesty. How are you now? I hope your recovery from the HSCT has taken a turn for the better.

Data Thu Jun 16, 2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheryl C (Post 40853)
Data - I appreciate your honesty. How are you now? I hope your recovery from the HSCT has taken a turn for the better.

Cheryl,
Thanks for the post. I am still fighting the CMV and BK virus.

Cheers

Data

Data Fri Jun 17, 2016 06:53 PM

Results of First CD34+ Mixed Chimerism Analysis

The study coordinator e-mailed me today and said the results first CD34+ Mixed Chimerism Analysis were well above 90% which means I don't start the lenalidomide. They will test it again in 30 day and if I am still above 90%, I will be off the study.

Data

Cheryl C Sun Jun 19, 2016 03:56 AM

Hi Data - For your viruses, have you tried any natural immune system boosters/antivirals like Olive Leaf Extract? I'm really impressed with it after it got rid of my shingles in 3 days about 3 months back. I took the liquid version with the highest level of oleuropein I could find.

Data Mon Jun 20, 2016 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheryl C (Post 40877)
Hi Data - For your viruses, have you tried any natural immune system boosters/antivirals like Olive Leaf Extract? I'm really impressed with it after it got rid of my shingles in 3 days about 3 months back. I took the liquid version with the highest level of oleuropein I could find.

Cheryl,
Thanks for the post and the PM. It must be nice to have a support system. I am envious. I admire you for your courage to make the decisions you have made.

As far as the "natural remedies", my background is in engineering (electrical and aeronautical) and have always relied on proven technology and I guess that has made me skeptical of things that haven't been rigorously proven - like natural remedies. I am sure there is stuff out there that helps some people but I like to stick to the medicines that have been through FDA approval and are prescribed by a doctor.

Best of luck to you!!!

Data

PaulS Mon Jun 20, 2016 04:17 PM

Hi Data - sorry you are still dealing with the viruses - are you symptomatic?

The news about the chimerism sounds bad for being in study - but good in that you are above 90% at this point in the transplant, no?

Hope you're feeling better.

Stay strong!
Paul

Data Sun Aug 7, 2016 04:55 PM

Late Reply

I had the CD34+ mixed chimerism analysis test done on Day 90. It came back at 100% so I am off the study. I also have had two conventional chimerism tests done which were also 100%.

Cheers

Data

PaulS Mon Aug 8, 2016 08:22 AM

Hi Data - glad to hear from you - I was worried. Glad you are 100% - The study wasn't to prevent relapse after you got to 100% - but only if you hadn't got there quite yet?? Have you asked about any maintenance treatment with AZA?
How are you feeling? Still dealing with viruses, any GVHD?
Best,
p

Data Mon Aug 8, 2016 05:57 PM

Paul,
The only reason I wanted to be in the clinical trial was to get the more precise chimerism test. I have had two GVHD problems (skin and upper GI tract) and some viruses (CMV several times and BK). I am still just incredibly tired. I have not asked about AZA as the doc seems to think I am doing well.

Cheers

Data