Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Bone Marrow Biopsy Results? (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=6517)

Suskio Wed Mar 4, 2020 01:48 PM

Bone Marrow Biopsy Results?

1 Attachment(s)
Got my results from my biopsy. I meet up with my doctor in a week but I'm just confused as to what this means (especially the part where they talk about ancillary studies) Any help so that I could get a better understanding before I meet up with my doctor?

DanL Tue Mar 10, 2020 07:56 PM

Suskio,

This biopsy report is a difficult read and doesn't seem to point to a clear diagnosis. You may be at the beginning stages of some sort of MPN, or just experiencing sine form of bone marrow strain for other reasons like temporary illness or vitamin deficiencies. but there are only indications from what I see, and not a smoking gun if you will.

Many categories of blood diseases are difficult to obtain a clean diagnosis initially as the features frequently overlap. I am not a doctor, so please take the post with a grain of salt, but I think you are due for more testing and observation.

Please update us when you hear more.

Dan

Suskio Tue Mar 10, 2020 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanL (Post 53653)
Suskio,

This biopsy report is a difficult read and doesn't seem to point to a clear diagnosis. You may be at the beginning stages of some sort of MPN, or just experiencing sine form of bone marrow strain for other reasons like temporary illness or vitamin deficiencies. but there are only indications from what I see, and not a smoking gun if you will.

Many categories of blood diseases are difficult to obtain a clean diagnosis initially as the features frequently overlap. I am not a doctor, so please take the post with a grain of salt, but I think you are due for more testing and observation.

Please update us when you hear more.

Dan

Hey Dan, thanks so much for the reply. I visited my doctor yesterday and he didn't seem to bring up anything about MPN, maybe I should ask him about it? He kind of just told me everythings fine except for the "hypercellularity 90-95%" part and has scheduled an appointment for me to get an ultrasound for my spleen and liver.

I guess its also smart to put in that my platelet count decreased from 603 to something around the high 400s ( around 480-490 i don't remember and my latest CBC isn't uploaded onto our patient portal yet ) but my white count is still high. Not sure if that's good or bad but yeah. I guess when I see my doctor on our next appointment ill be sure to bring up MPN's

Once again, thanks so much for the reply!