Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Spouses and Caregivers (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   My husband is no longer on this earth (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=1847)

ann Sun Dec 5, 2010 07:42 PM

My husband is no longer on this earth

On Nov. 29, my beloved Henry went to be with his Heavenly Father. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends and that night he began to run a fever. The next day we took him to the ER and he was cross-matched for a transfusion. He was given 4 units of blood but they did not seem to help. His cardiologist was doing tests and had another planned on Monday the 29th. We watched the football games on TV with our grandson, and ate a small bowl of tortilla soup from his favorite Mexican restaurant. He told us it was the best thing he had eaten since Thanksgiving night at home.
He insisted I go home and get some rest and be back in the morning to "get him out of this place" but the Lord came before daybreak and took him home.
I am so thankful he just went to sleep and sometime after midnight his monitor at the nurses station showed his BP dropped and his heart stopped.
They came and began to do CPR because we had not thought to inform them to put do not resisitate on his file. I got to the hospital and told them to stop because he did not want CPR. He was just beginning to feel pain in his bones, especially his back. He fought the good fight and the Vidaza had been doing its job. His heart was just too weak and he was ready. We had a wonderful life together and my life will never be the same. He was my sunshine but I have faith that we will be together someday. I had our minister and choir director sing our favoirite Alan Jackson song at his funeral.
"I want to stroll across Heaven with you." I have faith that my beloved will be waiting when I get there to show me all the sights of our new home.
God bless to all you members of the Forums, you have been my rock of information. Stay strong.
ann

cheri Sun Dec 5, 2010 08:30 PM

Glad your last days with your husband were wonderful ones...there is no doubt you were a great wife. Keep the happy memories and take care of yourself....God bless YOU Ann!

mausmish Sun Dec 5, 2010 10:31 PM

Ann,

What a wonderful life you've had together and it's great that Henry was able to pass peacefully after many happy days in the end. Bless you for being such a devoted wife and friend. I hope the happy memories will far outweigh the sadness of missing him.

My condolences for your loss.

Karen

Neil Cuadra Mon Dec 6, 2010 12:49 AM

Ann,

You're a friend to many in these forums and we're very sorry for your loss. Your love for Henry has always been apparent.

We know how hard the last year and a half were for you, but Henry got very good care, most of all from you. It's good to hear that for his last days he got to do the simple things he liked to do, and that his passing was peaceful. I hope he will remain your sunshine in the memories of your years together.

Birgitta-A Mon Dec 6, 2010 02:07 PM

Henry

Dear Ann,
I'm so sorry you lost beloved your husband. It's good he didn't suffer but fell asleep. You have a wonderful, positive attitude, and lots to be grateful for.
Warm regards
Birgitta-A

Al's Wife Mon Dec 6, 2010 04:44 PM

Ann,

My heart goes out to you in your loss. You are in our thoughts and prayers. God bless you. I know you have many wonderful memories to help sustain you during this most difficult of times.

Linda

Susan L Mon Dec 6, 2010 05:02 PM

Dear Ann

I am so sorry for your loss. You had been so strong for your dear loved one. Thank you for all your contributions to the forum it was always nice to hear the caregivers side of things. Take care of yourself.

Lisa V Tue Dec 7, 2010 03:53 PM

Ann, I'm sure every caregiver reading this will have some idea what you are feeling, but we'll never truly know until we get there ourselves. My heart goes out to you, and I'm glad that Henry went peacefully, and apparently without being diminished in any way that matters. That is something you can hang onto. Every "good" death is a victory in my book.

Mary4Mike Tue Dec 7, 2010 05:24 PM

Ann,

What a beautiful testimony of your life together.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mary and Mike

Zoe's Life Tue Dec 7, 2010 07:28 PM

Ann,

Thank you for sharing your life with us. What a wonderful support you were for Henry, while being such an inspiration of hope for so many others through this forum and I am sure in other ways. God bless you and comfort you in this time.

Zoe

Lori Patrick Wed Dec 8, 2010 08:15 AM

Ann, I can tell from reading your post how much you two loved each other. I am so thankful that he went peacefully. Be sure you take care of you and ask God for peace. Lori

cathybee1 Fri Dec 10, 2010 01:16 AM

Ann, I am so so sorry. And I want to thank you for all your posts, I have learned so much from your and Henry's journey.

launch Fri Dec 10, 2010 02:07 PM

Dear Ann,

I am so sorry of your and your family's loss. You showed so much love for your husband through your posts and private messages we've exchanged. You also lifted so many people going through similar situations by posting to them.

I'm glad it was a peaceful passing, but I'm still sorry he was called home....

May God carry you through this difficult time.

Hugs, Cindy

Paula W. Tue Dec 21, 2010 08:01 AM

MDS

Ann,

So sorry for your loss. I'm going through this with my mom. She will be 77 next week and has been treated with Vidaza. At first the Vidaza was working beautifully, but it has stopped working and there is nothing they can do for her. The doctor told me that she has approx. 6 months to live. I'm so devastated by this news. She looks and feels great, so it's hard to comprehend what he is saying. I hope that God takes my mom as peacefully as he took your husband. May God bless all who have this horrible disease. God bless you and your family.

Paula