Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Transplants (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Transplant success at 1 year (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=4275)

Chad S Wed Jun 18, 2014 01:27 PM

Transplant success at 1 year

We got my wife's 1 year bone marrow biopsy and aspiration results today and her blood levels are all in the low normal range with 1% blasts and no signs of MDS!! She has experienced very little GVHD and the doctors used the word remission for the first time today. It has been a long year with lots of ups and downs but we are very excited and I wanted to share the news and spread hope to those of you that are facing the transplant decision. She received a matched unrelated donor (MUD) transplant on May 22, 2013.

Whizbang Wed Jun 18, 2014 02:29 PM

Congratulations!!!!

Great to hear you hit the 1 year mark...

230 days and counting for me...

All the best, and may God Bless.
David

Neil Cuadra Wed Jun 18, 2014 03:07 PM

Chad and Danielle,

This is great news. Congratulations on this huge milestone. This is the type of success story we love to hear. I'm glad you've had such a successful outcome, despite the bumps in the road.

How often do you have to go to Houston now?

Will you try to contact your wife's donor?

DanL Wed Jun 18, 2014 06:12 PM

Wow I do love the inspiration. Here's to continued great success! I am just over 100 days out.

Cheryl C Thu Jun 19, 2014 04:08 AM

Wonderful! Thinking of all of you who are aiming for this milestone too.

Bhutt Thu Jun 19, 2014 06:43 AM

Great news I have 8 more days for my one year.

Blair

pdiitdelhi0204 Thu Jun 19, 2014 08:56 AM

congratulations

It's a good need. We are also planned for MUD transplant for my 2 year ild son.We got 10/10 donor from USA.Hope all will be ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad S (Post 34164)
We got my wife's 1 year bone marrow biopsy and aspiration results today and her blood levels are all in the low normal range with 1% blasts and no signs of MDS!! She has experienced very little GVHD and the doctors used the word remission for the first time today. It has been a long year with lots of ups and downs but we are very excited and I wanted to share the news and spread hope to those of you that are facing the transplant decision. She received a matched unrelated donor (MUD) transplant on May 22, 2013.

Chad S Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:38 AM

It is great to see that several of you are close to the 1 year mark and also seem to be doing well.

DanL, I remember when my wife was at the 100 day mark we were just finishing our time in Houston. She was still on tacrolimus and it required her to replenish magnesium levels daily. She also had pretty bad headaches from the tacro. But now she is out and about driving the kids around, so hang in there.

Neil, to our pleasant surprise, MD Anderson said they would see us in 6 months! She received her 3rd round of immunizations while we were there for the 1 year appointment and I think the last round will be next time we go. They also said she could do the blood labs every two months now, but I think she is still wanting to go once per month. It seems to comfort her to get the blood work checked more frequently.

She has come such a long way and I am so proud of her!