Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   MDS (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I feel that I lost the Battle! (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=2483)

layla g Mon Nov 7, 2011 08:26 AM

I feel that I lost the Battle!

I am in shock, I can not believe that I lost my mother. I was in hospital with her almost every night. I do not know what to write!!!!!!

Sally C Mon Nov 7, 2011 08:31 AM

Dear Layla,
It's times like this that words are so inadequate. I am so sorry you lost your Mom - it sounds like it was totally unexpected which makes it worse.
I pray that over time you will find peace in the knowledge that you were right there with her when she needed you the most. She was so very blessed to have a daughter like you - and I'm sure she knew it.
Take good care,
Sally

Neil Cuadra Mon Nov 7, 2011 11:24 AM

Layla,

I'm very sorry that you lost your mother. You had such a challenge trying to help her long distance before you could go to be with here in Iran, and the doctors had a challenge they couldn't meet in stopping the progression. She was lucky to have your loving care and such a dedicated daughter. I'm sure she had no doubt about that. I know you wanted her to have more years than she got, but I also hope that she lived a good life before MDS and AML took her from you.

bebop Mon Nov 7, 2011 11:33 AM

I am so so sorry for your loss. I know words are just not enough to comfort. You are not alone hon. I lost my Dad to this nasty thing in May. I am glad you were with her in the end. I can tell you this...although we knew Dad's end was soon the day it happened we surely did not expect it. laughing on minute and gone the next. Thank goodness it was quick.

mausmish Mon Nov 7, 2011 12:27 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss but glad that you were able to be with your mother at the end. I'm sure that meant a lot to you both.

julestheo Mon Nov 7, 2011 04:19 PM

My heart goes out to you at this sad sad time, I was with my mother when she passed away and I am sure it will give you the same comfort that it gave me to be with her, She will live on in your heart and in your wonderful memories as my Mum lives on in mine. I only have to close my eyes and she is there, with me always. May God bless and comfort you....

john e Mon Nov 7, 2011 10:50 PM

Dear Layla
I am so sorry for your loss . I think it is fortunate for you and your mother that you could be with her as much as you were . I am sure there are many
who are not able to devote that much caring time to their ill loved ones'
I lost my mother 3 months ago and was fortunate to be in a position to be her 24 hour caregiver while she was in Hospice. On the days that the sorrow is overwelming ,i find comfort when i recall the time i could spend with her. I am sure your being there with your love was a comfort to your mother . I pray that your mothers love will give you comfort. JOHN E.

cathybee1 Tue Nov 8, 2011 06:33 PM

Layla, no words can help now, I know. Please know that we're all thinking of you. I hope you continue to talk with us here.

layla g Sun Nov 13, 2011 04:54 AM

It is comforting reading your messages

I thank you all. Although I have not seen you, but i feel so close to you all.
You were with me through this ordeal.

My mother was so healthy, there was not any thing wrong with her, she was in Australia last year. It was such a shock ! I look at her picture every day, I miss her so much! My comfort is that i will see her eventually.

Mary4Mike Sun Nov 13, 2011 02:41 PM

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. The only true comfort in times like this is your faith in eternal life and knowing that you will see your loved one again. You are in my prayers.