Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Transplants (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Day Plus 12 We have engraftment... (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=3352)

Cam Tue Dec 18, 2012 09:22 PM

Day Plus 12 We have engraftment...

It has been a a while since I posted. Internet can be spotty and I am trying to keep up some work to keep inccome coming in so it takes precident. I have had mouth sores for the last 3 days but is ok. They tell me to go home I have to eat so I eat, I just grimace when I swallow. I have tried to stay off pain pills because all they do is make me sleep. But today after 20 days in isolation I was able to leave and walk the halls, I walked a mile and really was scared to come back in.. I also got to lose the chest monitor I have warn since I got here so that will help me sleep better. I lost my hair two days ago when it started coming out in clumps so I shaved it to the scalp from the buzz cut I came in with and my goatee. It has been a long time since I have been clean shaven. LOL My next goal is to walk out the front door of this place and see my boys not through skype but where I can wrap my arms around them and hug them.... Thanks for all the kind words...

Neil Cuadra Tue Dec 18, 2012 09:45 PM

Cam,

Sorry to hear about the mouth sores and the pain when eating. It'll all go away, and let's hope soon. Walking the halls may get a little boring but it's a big step forward, no pun intended. My wife's transplant ward had a circular pathway through the halls and she walked that circle endlessly with her IV pole.

Time to update your forum signature!

Cam Wed Dec 19, 2012 09:05 PM

Looks like I am going home prior to Christmas. Keeping fingres crossed it will be this weekend....

kwaidz Wed Dec 19, 2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam (Post 26459)
Looks like I am going home prior to Christmas. Keeping fingres crossed it will be this weekend....

What a great Christmas gift for you and your family!

MDSPerth Wed Dec 19, 2012 09:32 PM

Gosh, things seem to be moving along very well so far for you Cam. Enjoy your Christmas.

milliken2 Sat Dec 22, 2012 09:19 PM

Cam;
That's great news - and I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Congratulatons to all of you.

Beth

Lori Patrick Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 PM

GREAT NEWS Cam!!! I remember when I came home from my lengthy induction. It was Thanksgiving. It was a great feeling to be home! Merry Christmas to you and your family. With prayers for you, Lori

Cam Wed Dec 26, 2012 09:31 PM

I made it out 16 days post transplant. They said I set the record for an Allo transplant at their facility.

Lori Patrick Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:45 AM

Good for you! Hopefully you had a wonderful time with your family. Remember to NOT overdo it. Prayers for you and your family.