Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Transplants (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Being Admitted 11/12!!! (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=3917)

Susan L Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:39 PM

Being Admitted 11/12!!!

Hello All - Received a call alittle bit ago that doc wants me admitted 11/12 to start treatment to reduce blasts prior to transplant. Feeling all those emotions - happy scared anxious and afraid. Will let you know how it goes. :eek:

Whizbang Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:51 PM

We will be praying for you, there will be bumps in the road, and it will feel exceedingly long, but you will get through it...

God bless and be well.

Susan L Sun Nov 10, 2013 01:31 PM

Dave

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whizbang (Post 31374)
We will be praying for you, there will be bumps in the road, and it will feel exceedingly long, but you will get through it...

God bless and be well.

Thank you and you keep fighting too. I am scared but I will do my hardest to make this work.

vickij Sun Nov 10, 2013 02:27 PM

Susan

You will be in my prayers. I was scared too, but it wasn't as bad as I feared & all of the nurses were very helpful and explained everything that was going on.
Keep us posted.

Susan L Sun Nov 10, 2013 02:56 PM

Vicki

Quote:

Originally Posted by vickij (Post 31377)
You will be in my prayers. I was scared too, but it wasn't as bad as I feared & all of the nurses were very helpful and explained everything that was going on.
Keep us posted.

Thank you - I will and best wishes that you continue to keep doing great

DebS Sun Nov 10, 2013 07:21 PM

Susan,

That is great news! I am so happy for you. You know, after reading everyone's comments, what to do.

Dave is right. There will be bumps in the road. Doug is back in the hospital now. He really couldn't eat and drink. All he wanted to do was sleep. They ran all sorts of tests on him. So far, nothing has appeared for which I am grateful. They just need to get to the bottom of this. Until then, they will not release him.

Sooooo, be prepared for the bumps and you will do fine!

Deb

Whizbang Sun Nov 10, 2013 07:38 PM

Deb/Doug,

Prayers, hugs and Blessings coming your way...

These little tests will be sent to all of us, we must be strong and not give up hope...

Positive aditude is EVERYTHING !!!

Be well and God bless...

susanML Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:15 PM

Deb/Dave/Vicki

Hi All - Just waiting to hear what time to check in - I hope I do as well as everyone before me. Got to keep the bar up. :-)

Al's Wife Mon Nov 11, 2013 03:17 PM

Good luck, Susan. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

DanL Mon Nov 11, 2013 03:27 PM

Great news and best of luck Susan!

curlygirl Mon Nov 11, 2013 03:32 PM

Good luck, Susan!

Susan L Mon Nov 11, 2013 06:03 PM

Dave- question

One question please - did you lose your hair? If so, how long did it take to happen. Glad you are on an upswing now and hoping you see nothing but clear skies ahead. Susan

Whizbang Tue Nov 12, 2013 03:31 AM

Susan L,

I went into the hospital with a completely shaved head... I did so the week before, so that my girls would not associate the hair loss with my Hospitalization... They loved it... continuously stroking my bald head...

Right now I've been shedding hair for two weeks from all around my body, and haven't needed to shave my head (with electric razor) for over a week...

I really liked the Idea of going in strong, it's one less thing to worry about also (Dirty hair / how it looks...)

Many people now a days shave their heads for a fashion statement, it wasn't so in the 80's or 90's, now it's popular alternative, and I will probably stay bald for the rest of my life, easier to manage...

Best Regards, and God Bless...

NLJabbari Tue Nov 12, 2013 04:36 PM

Hi Susan L, Just want to wish you a smooth as possible BMT and to remind you that you choose a great day to be cured as 11/12/13 is supposed to be LUCKY! ;)

DebS Tue Nov 12, 2013 07:40 PM

Susan,

Best wishes to you. You know that you are in my prayers.

Do what they tell you and stay very determined!

Deb

Susan L Tue Nov 12, 2013 07:56 PM

Hi All

Got admitted today - ekg echo labs and pic line. tomorrow ct head abd and chest and start chemo - don't know what the med is yet. Thank you all for your support and going to try and be as positive as ever!! Thank you for the replies - got some cute hats for the time - and Dave shaving your head ahead of time so the girls not associating it was a very smart idea. Have a good night all

Cheryl C Wed Nov 13, 2013 05:16 AM

All the very best, Susan! Thoughts and prayers for you and all the other BMT friends on the forum.

Susan L Wed Nov 13, 2013 06:12 AM

Cheryl

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheryl C (Post 31433)
All the very best, Susan! Thoughts and prayers for you and all the other BMT friends on the forum.

Thank you - so far so good - :-)

Lisa Z Wed Nov 13, 2013 07:55 PM

Susan and everyone else

Good luck with your BMT. Stay strong, think positive, follow all directions and you will come out of this on the bright side!!:o