Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   MDS (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Two Year Birthday!! (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=3389)

Lori Patrick Fri Jan 11, 2013 08:39 PM

Two Year Birthday!!

Hello to all fighting these horrific diseases. I am 2 Years Old today. Hopefully those of you are struggling can see success in this posting. I will never be as I was prior to being sick, but the Good Lord must have more plans for me since I am still here. I still battle graft vs. host of the skin which my Doctor says will eventually burn out. I had graft vs host of the eyes which are tolerable with cauterizations of tear ducts and restasis. There are still things (illnesses) out there that can cause problems, however I am being treated to prevent some of them while my cells and skin are at odds.

I would never have made it this far without 1) God, 2) Excellent Doctors and Nurses, 3) my loving family (including my brother for his stem cells), great friends and this forum.

May Blessings go out to all of you here.

Al's Wife Fri Jan 11, 2013 08:58 PM

Congratulations, Lori. Post like yours give us hope. So happy for you.

Cam Fri Jan 11, 2013 09:14 PM

Congratulations Lori... I can not wait to be 2 years away from the transplant....

Neil Cuadra Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:38 PM

Hooray for Lori!

If you go back and read some of your own posts here you'll find some of the same concerns, before and after transplant, that other forum members are currently expressing. You've done what many want to do - fight and succeed.

My wife no longer has MDS but like you she has after-effects of her transplant. She also has the rest of her life ahead of her, and I'm so glad that you do too. Keep taking care of yourself and thanks for being part of this community.

kwaidz Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:42 AM

Congratulations!

rkp Mon Jan 14, 2013 02:45 PM

Congratulations to you and best wishes for healthy years ahead!

TammyB Thu Jan 17, 2013 07:40 AM

Congrats Lori, that really does give us hope. I just found out yesterday that I am headed for a transplant. I am 50 years old and the youngest MDS patient my doctor has. I am also scared like crazy. It would be nice to talk to someone my own age who has gone through this.

mausmish Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:16 PM

Belated Happy, Happy rebirthday, Lori! Hard to believe it's been two years already.

Lori Patrick Thu Jan 17, 2013 03:03 PM

Thank you all! It has been a hard journey, but worth it to be able to spend more time with my family.

Tammy: Let me know how you want to talk. We can do email or? You should read my caring bridge dealy too.

TammyB Sat Jan 19, 2013 07:46 AM

Thank you Lori, I just found out this week that my meds are no longer working and I have to have a transplant. I am really scared!. Thankfully I have a match with one of my sisters so that part is taken care of. I also have the most incredible support system here with family and friends. I would love to chat with you. Email would be great. What is the caring bridge?

Lori Patrick Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:08 AM

Tammy, Here is the link to my input on caringbridge.
Caringbridge.org/visit/loripatrick It is a journal of sorts of my journey.

squirrellypoo Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:01 AM

I'm a bit late but I wanted to wish you a belated happy rebirthday, Lori! It's a big milestone and is such a celebration of all you've been through.