Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Living with Illness (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving! (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=2540)

cheri Wed Nov 23, 2011 05:52 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am grateful to be here to celebrate another Thanksgiving, and quite thankful for the friends I have found here on Marrowforums!

Wishing you all safe travels and a wonderful holiday!
Cheri

Greg H Wed Nov 23, 2011 06:10 PM

Happy Thanksgiving from NC!

Hey Cheri!

I was just thinking it might be nice to put up a Thanksgiving greeting -- and wouldn't you know, you'd beat me to it!

I hope you have a truly great one.

And I hope all you BMFWs (Bone Marrow Failure Warriors) have a wonderful holiday, complete with family, friends, turkey, tofurkey, or whomever and whatever you chose for your celebration.

Personally, I expect to use the outrageously pleasant weather here in NC to clean up the garden, rake a few leaves, and use those to start a new compost pile -- and to be grateful my ANC count is high enough to engage in such sport.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Greg

cheri Wed Nov 23, 2011 06:13 PM

:D

kgtuck Wed Nov 23, 2011 07:14 PM

Best wishes

"Back at you! And, like you, Greg, I'm enjoying this unusually warm weather in western NC. My husband and I have learned so much this year from your website! Also, the help from Birgitta and Neil, and others who are :continuing to do research! I'm also thankful for the drug "Dacogen" that continues to work for me!

triumphe64 Wed Nov 23, 2011 07:21 PM

Remember - Cranberry sauce is red. Eat a lot of it. It can't hurt.:D

donna j. Wed Nov 23, 2011 07:45 PM

dr. said I could have a glass of wine. It'll be red! Happy Thanksgiving to all my new friends.

Donna

mausmish Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:16 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Last Thanksgiving I was in the hospital getting conditioning chemo for my BMT. One week from today will be my first rebirthday! I am very thankful to be here.

squirrellypoo Thu Nov 24, 2011 09:36 AM

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm doing an expat feast at the weekend since we don't get the day off work here. :)

So I celebrated in my own way with a quick 5km run this morning instead! Thanksgiving 2008 I was too ill to barely walk anywhere, and Thanksgiving 2009 wasn't much better with my daily antifungal IVs, so I make sure I'm thankful for every healthy second I've got these days.

Dick S Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:37 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all my fellow Bone Marrow Failure survivors. We're still here aren't we?:D

Robi1Knobi Wed Nov 30, 2011 05:15 PM

Thankful to be alive

Happy Thanksgiving & Holidays to all my marrow friends :o). I'm happy every day I wake up and feel good enough to do anything, either go to work, or have a pj day on my day off! Best of luck to all of you & here's hoping 2012 will be a healthier one for all of us!