Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Transplants (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   PNH free!!! (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=3949)

Heather8773 Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:40 AM

PNH free!!!

Hi all my husband is day + 44 after transplant and we were told last week his flow cetometry test showed he is PNH free!
God is good!

Neil Cuadra Sat Nov 23, 2013 01:33 AM

You CAN beat this disease! Congratulations to both of you!

You have definitely earned this result.

Cheryl C Sat Nov 23, 2013 03:28 AM

I am so happy for you. You have your whole life ahead of you both now.

Heather8773 Sat Nov 23, 2013 02:56 PM

Thx y'all so much!
Now just positive thoughts, prayers, and lots of healing!

Whizbang Sat Nov 23, 2013 04:07 PM

Awesome news...

Congrats to the both of you...

Heather8773 Sat Nov 23, 2013 09:41 PM

Thx wiz how are you? Are you close to being released?

curlygirl Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:54 PM

Congrats, Heather & Ronald!

NLJabbari Sun Nov 24, 2013 02:37 AM

God is Great! Congratulations to both of you...

Whizbang Sun Nov 24, 2013 09:11 AM

I've been outpatient since last Monday, I was released to the Hope Lodge NYC last Saturday D+17... (it's like a Ronald McDonald house for adults)...

I finally spent my 1st weekend home (Yesterday and Today)... Kids were happy / surprised to see me...

Will be heading back to Hope Lodge tonight for my 4th outpatient visit tomorrow...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather8773 (Post 31670)
Thx wiz how are you? Are you close to being released?

Heather8773 Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:32 AM

I'm so happy you were able to see the kids! It sounds like things are going well right now!
We have no children but 2 dogs that we have been allowed to see the last 2 weekends and it made us sooo happy;)

mausmish Mon Dec 2, 2013 07:32 PM

Happy to hear all is going well!

Heather8773 Mon Dec 2, 2013 11:53 PM

Thank you mausmish! How are you?

mausmish Tue Dec 3, 2013 06:51 PM

Going for my three year post transplant checkup on Thursday. So far, so good!

DebS Wed Dec 4, 2013 11:09 AM

Congratulations Heather and Ron! That is beyond awesome news!!!

Keep up the great healing!

Heather8773 Thu Dec 5, 2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mausmish (Post 31768)
Going for my three year post transplant checkup on Thursday. So far, so good!

Awesome!!!

Heather8773 Thu Dec 5, 2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebS (Post 31774)
Congratulations Heather and Ron! That is beyond awesome news!!!

Keep up the great healing!

Thx:) how is Doug!? How are you?!

DebS Fri Dec 6, 2013 09:18 PM

We are doing well. Doug is improving but it is slow.

Right now they are a little concerned about his weight loss. He is eating fairly well but continues to lose about 5 pounds a visit. He also has a mild rash on his chest and stomach. The doctor thinks that it is another round of mild GVHD and he is on his second packet of steroids.

But, his hemoglobin is 14.9!!!! We haven't seen that in months. His platelets are at 62. They have been all over the place from 300 to 42. Now they are rising and hopefully stabilizing.

I know that a little GVHD is good, but it always makes you so nervous.

I will say that he has had more energy with the rise in hemoglobin. We are at day 59.

You guys keep up the great work. We all want good news--especially this close to Christmas:)

Deb

Heather8773 Fri Dec 6, 2013 11:50 PM

Deb yes it's slow for us too but from what Ive gathered, slow seems to produce great results GVHD wise (IDK if that's AA specific or includes MDS to be honest but I hope both!!!)
My husband is already pretty slim so loosing 20lbs was a lot during transplant. I bought vanilla ice cream, muscle milk powder (and another powder from trader Joes) and milk (sometimes I do chocolate, or eggnog or chocolate egg nog) we make this shake daily and it has helped put the weight back!;) plus some vitamins back.
Great news about the HGB!!! My husband is at 12.8 hgb, plts 170 and WBCs 2.5 (needing neupagen now and then) his hgb is the highest it's been since his first visit to get DXed. It worries me he's overdoing things w this new energy but I'm happy he has it.
GVHD is worrisome. God has blessed you with positivity and your husband is blessed to have you as his cheerleader! cling to that positivity. That's all the advise I have on that bc I cling to it as well. Glass half full....
Y'all will cont to be in my prayers our friends!

dfantle Tue Dec 10, 2013 03:37 AM

Great news Heather & Ronald!! I remember when my energy came back & it's such a great feeling.

Cheers,

Tii Wed Dec 11, 2013 03:24 AM

Awesome news!!

So happy for the good news!
After one year since my BMT, my blood or platelet counts are still not as good. So you guys are doing just great, and I hope you will keep on going and getting better and better. But don't get all relaxed about eating, washing hands etc. its flu season and you don't want to be admitted because of a head cold. Keep us posted :)

Heather8773 Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:05 AM

Dena and Tii thank you ;)
He is loving having all this energy! He's a bit restless but knows it is important to follow the rules.
How long did it take for y'all to have all counts in normal range?