Thread: serum sickness
View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 8, 2009, 06:40 PM

Imuran

Lynn,

I was on cyclosporine for 2 years with great results after ATG (remsission) but recently had increasing kidney toxicity so I weaned off of the cyclosporine in May/June and started generic Imuran (AZAT). I have only been on it a little over a month. I started it with my platelets at 148K and they dropped to 131K at my last lab. My WBC went from 7 to 5. But my doctor tells me that as long as they did not crash we are on the right course and will watch and see. Apparently the RBC would take 3 mos to gradually go down if they were going to. My hemoglobin did drop to 10 (from normal). My hope is that the counts stabilize high and do not continue to trend down... I feel a thousand times better than I have in months so it sure would be nice if the Imuran does the trick. For me, there are no side effects where as on the cyclosporine I did have some. I do not think that your situation is similar to mine however because so far you have not responded to the ATG... but I don't know. I sure hope you find your healthy place in all of this.

JEZ
JEZ, 50s, diagnosed AA Dec 2006, ATG one time, serum sickness resolved / took cyclosporine (Neoral) with delayed response but now with good labs/ recent kidney toxicity, so off of cyclosporine now and trying generic Imuran