View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 19, 2009, 09:14 AM

It is my understanding that the two doses should be taken 12 hours apart and that is what I did... one at 7 am and one at 7 pm... I always took mine after eating because I got so nauseous otherwise... some take it without food.... I think the important thing is to do it the same each time, with or without food... do not eat grapefruit at all or it will interfere with the cyclosporine. Side effects that I had were fatigue, excessive hair growth, swelling in my lower legs and ankles (airline compression hosery to the knee worked GREAT on that), over growth of my gums, some fluctuating nausea, and hand and leg muscle cramps (but that may have been due to the very high doses of steroids I had to take initially for the ATG related stuff)... but the cyclosporine really helped me regain marrow function.... slowly over two years mine steadily climbed... the generic did not work on me tho.... I had to take brand name Neoral. It seems some have different side effects than others. Also. the fatigue and nausea becomes like "background" in how you feel over time, not so intense. Hope this helps...JEZ
JEZ, 50s, diagnosed AA Dec 2006, ATG one time, serum sickness resolved / took cyclosporine (Neoral) with delayed response but now with good labs/ recent kidney toxicity, so off of cyclosporine now and trying generic Imuran