View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 4, 2009, 02:25 PM

Flower Lady and Birgitta

Heather, my young friend had his transplant at the Baylor Hospital. I think it is very near MD Anderson. He had to go back to the hospital yesterday due to the rash on his body. Bless his heart. It was such a disappointment for him;though, at this point according to his doctors very manageable. What a roller coaster for all of you as you recover from such an intense procedure. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. I know you long for normal and boring.

Coincidentally, I have another young friend, age 24 (Meryl) who will be having her transplant at MD Anderson as soon as a good donor match is found for her. I get her updates from the MD Anderson journal. She is the daughter of a college friend of mine while the young man is the boyfriend of my daughter.

If you need answers to questions or help when you return to Houston, I feel sure the two above mentioned families would be most gracious to help out. E-mail me if you would like their contact information.

Birgitta, I have thought of you as I see a new Steig Larsson book has been released in the US. This is a new one for me: The Girl Who Played with Fire. I think I will enjoy it.

Heather, if you enjoy reading and can concentrate at this time, you might enjoy the Steig Larsson series. The books are intriguing and interesting. They are set in Sweden.

Thoughts and prayers to each of you--Vera, Heather, Birgitta.