View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 12, 2009, 08:03 PM

Just Diagnosed??

I'm new... I'm a 50 y-o female who is confused..... In March I got my labs back and was surprised to learn about my anemic state...
WBC: 6.5
RBC: 2.5
HGB: 8.5
HCT: 11

Found a hematologist who has tested and tested... not iron deficient...so he said it was Hemolytic Anemia. But he could not TYPE it... it didn't fit any of the protocol for any of the several types. So, he did a BMB in July. I have yet to have a follow-up appt (which is scheduled for Aug 24), but he did order Iron Infusion Therapy, which I had 1x, 2 weeks ago. I asked for copies of my recent labs and reports, which I got. I just didn't really read them.

3 days ago I looked at the BMB path report, which states Aplastic Anemia. However, when I got the iron infusion, the paperwork said: "Iron Deficiency Anemia". Am feeling very confused, esp in light of many more intense symptoms of the past 2 weeks...the extreme fatigue, headaches, weakness, shakiness, the sound of blood rushing into my head, heavy heart pounding, nausea, etc.

With this on my report, should I assume this is so? The AA? Does this doc sound like he is current with my situation? Need some advice...
Thx