Thread: What to expect?
View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 19, 2009, 06:00 PM

My doctor had me on prednisone for a while to handle the effects of the ATG, then started the cyclosporine... I started it a month later rather than 2 weeks because I got serum sickness from the ATG. The first type of Csa I took was not effectvie. I then went on brand name Neoral. I was very depressed and fearful that I would not respond to treatment and wondered if it was worth.... I feared I was dying. Four months after treatment my bone marrow was starting to work and I had my last transfusion. I felt pretty ill for about 6 months and struggled with edema (see my post about edema on a different thread under general issues) and Csa side effects for 1.5 years. But the first 6 mos. were awful... now I have only the mildest of symptoms and feel great. I recieved the Atg treatment in Jan 2007. Hang in there!
JEZ, 50s, diagnosed AA Dec 2006, ATG one time, serum sickness resolved / took cyclosporine (Neoral) with delayed response but now with good labs/ recent kidney toxicity, so off of cyclosporine now and trying generic Imuran