View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 20, 2009, 07:10 PM

Hello!

I've been following your story for a while. And I can sort of relate to you. I am 7 months post-stem cell transplant and I am having a set back as well.

I don't have much to complain about. My recovery from pre-leukemia(AML) has been pretty well. I was an active person with lots of energy before becoming ill, and having to deal with your stress without the usual go-to's like running or sports just causes more stress! Since you don't like yoga, I would recommend even just basic stretching. I practise this almost daily. I find it relaxes my mind while I still do my body some good.

I have been through a bunch of tests this week on my lungs (xray, CT scan, bronchoscopy). I've had some major shortness of breath lately along with some coughing and wheezing. It's lastest too long to be just viral. Most test results have come back negative, so my doctors are going with GVH. I've been put back on anitviral, antifungal, and septra. As well, I get to take antibiotics and prednisone, which I am not happy about b/c some side effects can be nasty. But if it works and I can breathe easy again, so be it. I have to tell myself to keep pressing on. I was hoping to start playing more sports again, but that is now delayed as I get winded just walking to the car! My blood counts are high and great, so that is comforting, knowing my bone marrow is doing its job!

I just wanted to say, hang in there. You've come so far already..

Jody