View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 01:14 PM

vidaza

i havnt posted in a while but it has been 1 month since last bmb and i wanted to get the chromosone results it has been 21 months since my husband of 48 years was dx with mds raeb1 intermediate risk. he was put on vidaza immediatley 7 day treatment he needed transfusion right away every 2 weeks for 2 months and then transfusion independant platlett count was very good
labs every monday re really did well. in oct. of 08 they discontinued vidaza and went for labs monthly he was in remission at the end of dec. went for labs and he needed a transfusion of course another bmb this was his 4th his blasts were at 2% down from the 5% he started with but all counts were down so vidaza started again and will continue until we dont know when at the bmb in april 09 he was at 8% blasts and transfusion dependant and occasional plattlets too with dseferol infusion everytime also shots of dseferol for iron overload 3 times a week not sure about spelling. also arensep and neupogen sometimes dailey neupogen last bmb in sept 09 blasts were 10 to 12% and chrmosone is trisomy 21 and 3 is gone and trisomy 8 i asked her if the vidaza was still working and shouldnt we try someting else she explained the the vidaza was keeping the chromosones from changing anymorehe gets weekly transfusions and plattlets about every 2 weeksneedless to say we are at clinic almost every day. but i am greatful for every day he is not suffering he gets tired thats it this is long but i wanted to update