Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 25, 2009, 04:10 PM

Bone marrow results

I really feel stupid because I have no idea what this stuff is!! My marrow was hypocellular at about 20%. Trisomy 12 in 8 metaphases, the trisomy 12 was confirmed by FISH which showed an extra copy of chromosome 12 in 30.7% of nuclei examined. My second bone marrow biopsy in April showed hypocellular with a cellularity at 10%. The were areas on the biopsy that were virtually acellular. No increase in blasts (but not sure what the first one showed on that) Again there was an extra copy of chromosome 12.

My dr wants to do another biopsy this coming week to see how things looks. I haven't had one done since the ATG.

I am on cyclosporine right now and had severe serum sickness with the rabbit ATG. Fever, chills, joint pain (still have that) hives, rash, nausea, vomiting, diarreah, dizziness, high blood pressure, I think thats all but it all happened so I'm not sure. I was on prednisone until July and getting myself weaned off that was a nightmare in itself.

I really don't want to try the horse ATG - especially with the allergic reaction. Has anyone had a reaction to the skin test and still had the horse ATG done?