View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 29, 2009, 12:32 PM

Day 113

Well, after 2 weeks of constant, unrelenting ITCHING of these hives, dermatology finally got the skin biopsy results back and have determined it's GvH. At this point I don't really care what it is, I just want some relief, so I'm happy that they prescribed me some steroid ointment for my chest, neck, and back, and some hydrocortizone ointment for my face and scalp, and then a weird lotion to moisturise everything a couple times a day, too.

I'm happy they've decided to just give me the topical stuff, though, and not put me on any oral steroids as well (I only have the skin problems, no interal stuff), and they say these ointments work really well and should clear things up quickly. On one hand, I'm annoyed all this waited until Day 100 to rear its head, but on the other hand, it's nice to know my new immune system is working even though my blood type is still my original one.

In other news, I had yet another dye-assisted CT scan last night to check on my liver (the technicians up there recognise me now, out of thousands of patients in the hospital, how sad!), so I should hear back tomorrow if the liver lesions have disappeared and if I can finally stop going into HOP every single day - my fingers are crossed SO HARD! But the consultant today said all three of my liver function results have fallen back into the normal range, so I hope that's a good indication.

And finally, my Hb hit a new dizzying high on Monday - 12.0!!! OMG! I've definitely got more energy these days, I haven't needed an afternoon nap in about a fortnight now.

Keep your fingers crossed for my CT results, okay?
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)