View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 24, 2009, 02:02 AM

My progress

Hi Beryl, all in all I am doing well. I have a few minor issues, my rash still pops up from time to time. I am having some mild gut issues and I went back on stomach steroids but less than last time.They are already helping. Still waiting for hair, eyelashes and nails! They are slowly moving like turtles, my magnesium was real low last blood test so I went back on 1000 mg a day. This week it was back to top of the range. Some yeast issues even with all the fungus medicine I take but my tests showed that the Vfend was suppressing something. Eyes are blurry and water a lot they are not sure if it is gvh, my nose runs and lips are dry, I have dry mouth! My stamina is better but I still have to be careful. I have tingling in my feet and numbness but not all the time! I have pinched nerves in my shoulder blade but my Chiropractor is helping me. I get tired but most of the time I feel pretty good, My best friend that lives in San Fransisco Met us at our hotel and we all went out for dinner, we went early and no one was there so we got a back booth, That was my first outing since June! She was a superb assistant caregiver and I ordered her some hand crafted Roman glass earrings from Israel, she loved them.I just have a lot of minor irritating things but nothing major, I was very blessed! Now..How are you?
Vera, 56 yo female Dx RAEB II 10-08, 11-12% blasts. Normal chromosomes. Started Vidaza 10-08. . Improved Dx 3-09 MDS RA 2% blasts 8 cycles Vidaza! SCT transplant 7-1-09 at UCSF. Normal bone marrow and MDS free as of 10-09