Old Wed Jan 20, 2010, 10:42 PM

photo

Hi,
You look adorable!
take care,
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrellypoo View Post
Mostly good news from my clinic appointment yesterday - the mixed bag being my CT results... Apparently some of the liver lesions have gone away, but others have come to take their place, so there's no net gain or loss. So now the doctors think that perhaps this is a drug reaction instead of an infection to be able to withstand 4 months of daily IV antifungal treatment like that. So the upshot is that they're switching me to oral Posaconazole but they're monitoring my liver function tests very closely and if they get worse, I may have to go back on the IVs after my next clinic appt in two weeks.

But in the meantime, they're extremely happy with me, I'm off the Folic Acid, too now, and I can go back to work finally!!!! And since they had to rip out my PICC line last weekend for the infection, when I go in for blood tests now, it's just fast-tracked through the phlebotomy dept instead of waiting around in HOP for hours (but even better news on that front is that the haematology dept at St Thomas's has FINALLY switched over to Guy's after over a year of delays so hopefully from Feb I can do my biweekly blood tests from there instead of making a big detour to Kings or StT before work in the mornings. Guy's is only a 15min walk from me and on the way to work anyway!).

And my fiance and I celebrated with dinner at a Greek restaurant last night. Mmmm.

Oh and my counts were awesome yesterday:
WBC 3.75
Hb 13.8
Pl 422
Neut 2.67

And I don't think I said earlier but I got my first haircut last week and switched over to my contact lenses for the first time in over a year (yayy yayy yayy) and the nurses at HOP completely didn't recognise me until I started talking.

It's weird having short hair after years of very long hair. Everyone says it suits me but I can't wait to grow it out as short hair is so much work, with the blowdrying and styling goo to make it stay put!!