View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 1, 2010, 03:28 AM

They told me that the immune suppressants can cause diabetes and I am sure that includes steroids . I was tested for it but it came back negative. I had my 5th BMB Monday and I am anxious to see the results. Almost every one of my meds say that they can cause muscle weakness. My legs are better but my stomach muscles, hips and lower back are killing me, I paid a visit to my primary care doc and we talked about pain relievers. I am allergic to all nsaids, they don't really want me to take Tylenol products, they recently gave me Oxycontin and it is a nightmare. It makes me feei like I am bouncing off the walls and the pain stays, My primary care doc gave me stronger vicadin so I only need 2 and the acetaminophen is under 1000 and 3 half muscle relaxers. It worked great I feel the best I have felt yet! But I hurt myself again , It doesn't take much. My liver enzymes are still slowly edging up. If it keeps going he said he will put me on cellcep but he is thrilled with my progress and said I was very fortunate to have GVH at the level I do and that it will help protect me from the bad cells ever coming back, my counts are pretty stable, Here is what they were last week.
WBC4.5...RBC 3.89...hemoglobin13.6...Hemocret 39.1%...Plates,,,144...nuets 2.98...lymphs ,88 ( THIS IS MY LOWEST READING) i AM USUALLY ABOUT 1.06. hOPE YOUR MUSCLES WILL GET BETTER FOR YOULove Vera
Vera, 56 yo female Dx RAEB II 10-08, 11-12% blasts. Normal chromosomes. Started Vidaza 10-08. . Improved Dx 3-09 MDS RA 2% blasts 8 cycles Vidaza! SCT transplant 7-1-09 at UCSF. Normal bone marrow and MDS free as of 10-09