View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 10, 2010, 09:28 AM

Hi John,

I just finished the book, Slow Death by Rubber Duck and I think you would be interested in reading it. It's basically about the hidden pollution we are exposed to and how it is effecting our health. The impact is greatest on our children. If you live near a chemical plant and are on well water, then I think you have a good reason to suspect something of a toxic nature may be effecting your son.

Recent research is now showing that very small amounts of BPA found in plastics are disruptive to the endocrine system. This is significant in that most studies on safety look at large doses. (this is true for benzene...they need to see a high dose exposure and then the AA to establish the causal relationship) There's also an chapter on what went down in W. VA with the Dupont facility. In the end, Dupont had to construct a new water filtration plant to filter out chemicals they leach into the water there. They too had more of their share of diseases as well as birth defects. These chemicals can change DNA and don't kill right away. The effects may not show up for years in adults. But infants and children are at much greater risk.

I agree you need to take action to try and reverse this now. The unfortunate thing is that most doctors don't have any insights on how to do that. So you are really on your own. I wish we would of had more time to do just that.

Keep searching.
Marlene
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.