View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 17, 2010, 08:04 AM

thanks meant chromosome, not gene

arghhh I meant my father in law was missing a chromosome that he needs to be able to get treatment. Seems my brain is fried. lol Thank you all for your responses. My father in law seems competent and it is most likely in his character to refuse the transfusions. My concern is his diagnosis right and have to find a way to get a second opinion to know that for sure.

Does anyone have any idea what will happen now if he keeps refusing the transfusions? Obviously he can't live without them can he? Can he live months? Sounds selfish maybe but he is 8 1/2 hours away from us and my husband has already had to make 3 emergency type trips down there. I he will live months we want to try somehow to get him to come up here by us so we can watch his care and see him. If we are talking weeks then I wonder if it is worth it.

Guess we will see what the new news is today. Once again thanks to all that give so much knowledge and comfort to others in the same boat so to speak. These forums never cease to amaze me.

Take care
cheryl