View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 19, 2010, 01:19 PM

Webinar

The webinar will be archived soon so that you can listen to it. There is a segment at the end of the presentation where you can type in questions and the doctor will answer them. I explained my situation to Dr. Steensma and he provided this information. If you haven't attended one of these webinars, I highly reccomend it. Go to aamds.org and click on the online learning center box and view archived webinars. I am also having the Aplastic Anemia and MDS International Foundation contact me with where I can find more information on this. I will let you know if I find anything out.
Also, in "100 Questions and Answers About Myelodysplastic Syndromes" it states "The bone marrow of hypocellular MDS can appear similar to and be confused with idopathic aplastic anemia, in which marrow blood cells are destroyed by a person's own immune system, resulting in very low blood counts."
This is a great book if you don't already have it.
Jill
Jill, 58 y/o female dx with MDS-U June 2008, IPSS:Int. 2. Allogeneic SCT May 25, 2010. Relapsed January 2011. Started Vidaza (azacitadine) Feb. 2011; Currently on cycle #58 , IV, 5-days every six weeks. WBC 5.3, Hgb 13.0, PLT 110 (2/16/18)