Thread: AA Relapse?
View Single Post
Old Thu May 6, 2010, 05:29 AM

Lisa, it's funny you mention Prof Marsh (who is just as brilliant in real life as she sounds on paper, btw!), because at Kings the amount of time you spend on Cyclosporin post-transplant is entirely down to the subtle nuances of your diagnosis. I felt incredibly lucky to be off it at 2 months post transplant (ugh I felt horrible on it - most of my weird symptoms and half my other meds disappeared after I stopped it!!), but apparently other MDS patients are on it for at least 6 months, and Prof Marsh's AA patients are on it for a whole year! I'm starting to see why after that paper, but it still seems strange that my hypo-MDS, which is so similar to AA, would have such a different drug treatment.

And to all the people looking at how long ATG might work for - you may get lucky and be perfectly fine for 25 years like I was!
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)