View Single Post
Old Sat May 29, 2010, 03:50 AM

Hi Linda,
I did not listen to it, but the nutrition issue interests me.
Once there was a chamistry professor who said that the body will be able to - and will make - cholesterol out of lettuce, if it only gets lettuce. The body needs cholesterol for nerves and brain, most of brain is fat. Or it takes it from other place in a body..
I have a kind of practical approach, you can't take something from nothing. How does this apply to health problems? I am not an authority in these issues, but would think it is easier for the body to get the nutrition in a form "nature intended". Sometimes we want more of that, and concentrate the substance, eg vitamins, or make them synthetically. Sometimes it does not work, e.g. the early form of talidomide, which caused birth defects, is actually a mirror-molecule of the intended one - like your palms are mirror image of each other. Or the only synthetic form of B5, which gives me rash, topically or internally.
Rather would want to know more about feeding the body right, if it won't cure it may make stronger at least! Hmmm, come to think of it, they do tell us to take lots of vitamin C during flu season?