View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 1, 2010, 07:10 AM

Hi,

I've just come home after my 2nd dose of Vidaza. I was very pleased last night and today that I felt so well. No nausea or discomfort of any sort.

Today I had blood drawn and then the antinausea pre med and then the Vidaza started. Half way through the nurse came and gave me my blood results.

Hb 74
RCC 2.6
Retics not done
WCC 0.7
Neuts 0.10
Lymphs 0.30
Platelets 140

I was a little upset that my Hb had fallen even though I'd been given a unit of blood yesterday. For the first time ever my platelets had fallen below normal and even though I know they are dysplastic too, it was still a shock for the numbers to have started to fall.

The nurse went away to ring my doctor and it gave me a chance to think and I came to the conclusion that just 1 dose of Vidaza must be working already. That it is already in the marrow and killing off the dysplastic cells and this is causing the numbers to drop. I was told that this would mostly happen mid cycle and is a normal response to Vidaza but I have to believe for my own peace of mind that the Vidaza is working a lot faster and explains the drop in counts.

I had another unit of blood after the Vidaza and I have 2 more units ordered for tomorrow with the query that I'll be having 2 units a day from now on.

On a more subjective level, I felt quite well up until late this afternoon and although I still feel well with no nausea, I feel as if I have hit a brick wall. Utter exhaustion has hit. Maybe it's the chemo and maybe it's psychological due to the stress of starting treatment and the decline in counts. No matter what the reason, it's still real and I need to go to bed so I'll say Goodnight.

Hoping every one stays well.
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion