View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 5, 2010, 11:51 AM

I love bacon too!

Hi Linda,

Even though beans are a protein, from what I understand, they are not a complete protein. And not all meat based protein are the same either. Some are more dense and how effectively you process energy at a cellular level, can be tied to the type of protein you eat. I think your body's requirement for the right balance of carbs(vegetables & grains), protein and fat changes depending on your needs and health. When John went through treatment, he lost a lot of muscle and his nutritional status was poor. All of this due to drugs and not being able to eat for about two months. So he had a lot of ground to make up. So we added in more high quality protein and fats into the diet. Then about two years out, we did a metabolic typing based on William Wolcott's book, The metabolic typing diet. He has a self-test int he book to help you figure out your general metabolic pattern. I had huge increase in my energy and stamina.

We never did Gerson and since you are interested in other diets along these lines, you may want to check out the Budwig protocol. If you google it, you get lots of hits.

We are probably at a point right now to re-assess what we eat and modify our diet a bit. It's so easy to get off track without realizing it.

I think you'll find the right balance but it can take a while. But you have an open mind and motivation which helps.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.