View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 25, 2010, 10:10 PM

Hope

My husband just completed induction therapy, he was discharged yesterday, after his blast count moved to 20%. One of the nurses said that her uncle had a BMT when he was 32, that was 20 years, so there is hope

Look into setting up a Care Pages or Caring Bridge site for your husband, that way family and friends can be updated easily on what is taking place, more importantly they can be there to give support and encouragement to your husband and yourself, they vary slightly so look at both.

If you do not mind my asking, where is your husband being treated? We are also in NJ, but my husband is being treated at Sloan. We'll be there next Tuesday for a follow up BMB after induction and will also visit one of his old roommates who was readmitted the day my husband was discharged.

Use whatever resources you can to get through this difficult time.

Best to you and your husband,

Debbie
Debbie, wife of Mike age 58, diagnosed RAEB 2 April 2010. Initial blast count somewhere between 10-15% then 20% after two treatments of Dacogen. Completed induction therapy 8/2/2010. BMB 8/31/10 - 4% blasts. SCT 10/1/2010. Relapsed in 10/2014, second transplant from same donor on 12/31/2014.