View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 27, 2010, 10:44 AM

Hi Hope.

You should have a look in the Transplants forum as there are three of us young'uns (myself, Laura, and tserdogan) who had our transplants last year. Having a 9 out of 10 match is a great asset, as is being so young! You should read through our stories to see how different our experiences have been, but at the same time, all three of us are still going strong over a year later.

I celebrated my one year transplant anniversary by running a 10k race for the Anthony Nolan Trust (the UK's bone marrow registry charity) and the nurses at my transplant hospital have been showing my race photo around to patients to show them that you really CAN have a healthy, normal life after a transplant. and believe me, before my transplant, I was mere weeks or months away from death.

Keep hope alive for him, make him laugh, and stay strong in yourself.

melissa
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)