View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 27, 2010, 08:03 PM

Thanks

Dear Debbie & Helen,

Thanks for your posts. I did take advantage of Ron's oldest son coming to visit. Yesterday, I sneaked off and had dinner by myself at Red Lobster, verses eatting on the go... then, it felt so good, and we only have his son with us one more day, so, tonight, I gave "the guys" time together, and I went off to Olive Garden... "Safe Places"... I didn't feel like exploring in a new town... stick to what I know right now...lol.

So, I've had a bit of peace these past few days. Today was a great day for my husband. He's feeling so much better now that the chemo is finished and the fluids are being pulled from his body. The heart rhythm is normal again, but, they are still giving him meds to ensure it's controlled. And, other than his mouth having sores that are really bothering him, he has not (knock on wood) gotten sick at all. They gave him all of the nausia meds with the chemo, and amazingly, while hot food bothered him during the chemo... right now, he's able to eat a little soup, as long as it's not hot.

Also, they have something here called "Burn Shakes". They are very high protein shakes they came up with for Burn Victims. They have approx 20 grams of protein in them... practically a meal replacement. So, he's had one of those each meal and has been very content. He really likes them!

Okay, have a nice night... I'm getting some rest in a hotel tonight while his son stays with him at the hotel. He said he would come back in another week or so... I am thankful! He lifts his Father's spirits big time. Different from a spouse.... hard to explain.

Hugs, Cindy
Cindy, wife of Ron 66 dx w/MDS(RARS)Feb'09,Vidaza 13mons. BMB 2/10 -5q/increased blasts. Watch/wait May-Jul10. Revlimid Jul-Aug10:A-Fib. BMB Aug18, 12%blasts. MDS to AML. Induction completed 9/21/10. BMB Oct10:CR. Consolidaton:10/25/10. Dacogen Dec27-29. SCT on Hold. Fevers/Nt sweats Jan11.