View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 28, 2010, 08:46 PM

Ryan, I guess everyone has their own style and way of sharing or not sharing. Some people do seem to move on and not look back (or try not to). Personally, I find it a bit disconcerting to hear from people while they are undergoing treatment, and then nothing after that. It always makes me wonder if they went into remission or if they died. I'd like to know about it either way, because that helps all of us to get a better picture of what the general outlook is.

I'm so grateful to the people I found online who were able to help answer my questions when it felt like the world had turned upside down, that I want to try to do the same for others if I can. That's just me, though. My husband (who is the one with AA) doesn't feel the need to talk about it at all. He doesn't keep it a secret or anything, but he doesn't look for people to network with either. He doesn't have to-- I do that for him!